Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Owner of "Poplar Lounge" busted for bank robbery.
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 9:52 pm

The owner of the Poplar Lounge, a one Gregg Drew, was arrested for suspicion of armed robbery.

I don't know Mr. Drew and have never been to the Poplar Lounge, but I have read messages that he was not a good person, with a lot of people blaming a cocaine problem for his woes. It's interesting to read others comments about the guy.

Cocaine is so 80's anyway. People now do meth and ecstacy. Dude hasn't caught up with the times.
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-business-owner-robbery,0,6841252.story

Whoah. Comments are interesting. Here's one:

IT WAS THOSE FREAKS FROM THE HELL ON EARTH HOLLOWEEN PARTY WHAT DID HIM IN.
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Who is this "Shakey's Feet" out of ATL, with tons of fans in the parking lot, getting the shaft because of some other goings on?

Also, from the article (and more importantly):
"World Famous Poplar Lounge" in Midtown

Give it up, Midtown, the beltway is no longer your boundary! NEXT STOP, HIGHLAND! EAST MEMPHIS, NO MORE!

Lastly, I have no opinion on the subject, but I overheard the words "getaway car" and "owned the place" by two suits from a different office in a two-floor elevator ride today. The struck me as odd, but wasn't paying much attention. Reading the comments, I now wonder if they were talking about this...
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 5:23 pm

The guy next sitting next to me at a football game on Friday night was telling me about his neighbor blockading himself in his house after robbing a bank with the tactical unit taking over his block. This town is too damn small.
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 9:59 am

Who is this "Shakey's Feet" out of ATL, with tons of fans in the parking lot, getting the shaft because of some other goings on?

Shaky Feet are from Memphis
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 11:53 am

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®