Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Tiger Hoops tix? Anyone?
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 4:27 pm

Anyone got 2? Don't care where we have to sit--it is Ryan's 36th and we'd love to go. May have to result in the post-tip-off scap action, but would love to get in there sooner. email me at k dot irene dot young at the gmails
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Is the date important?
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 6:46 pm

can't beleive that it's actually sold out
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 12:21 am

We got 2 tix, $10 each, from some scalper at game time. It was GREAT! First half was pretty sloppy and Witherspoon was carrying them, but after the half they came back and had obviously listened to the coaches breaking it down for them as it was an entirely different scenario. Now, if they could all just step it up a bit more on D and DEFINITELY rebounding, we have a nice team this year; certainly not as budget as everyone was expecting.

I didn't know it sold out, but it was packed and we were on the very last row, center court. Still, that arena really doesn't have too many bad seats from my experience. Drew Barnham AND Preston Laird both came in too towards the end. Drew's first move was a dumb foul, but he followed up immediately with a 3 and the next 2. Will Coleman has potential to be a killah. Spoon and Williams are closer than Will to that stage already. It is actually really a relief to have no expectations this year. GO TIGERS!

And someone tell me, was that fucking ED HIGHTOWER reffing? I would not be surprised given some of his BS calls.
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 11:16 am

thanks for the report
GO TIGERS!
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 11:20 am

Pierre's one handed alley oop jam was the shiznit. Tigers also had some nice blocks. But they were shooting 35% at the end of the first half... ouch!

Good to see 'em put 'em away and bury 'em in the second half. Much better game than the previous one.
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 11:41 am

Oh and it wsn't Ed Hightower; it is hard to tell who's who from Row Y in the top tier, before anyone lambastes me for thinking "all black guys look the same"!
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 2:46 am

And, Memphis gets another top ten recruit!
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 10:16 am

I won't be near a tv or internet for a few days, so could somebody please text me updates from the tigers-jayhawks game next week? 901-581-7282
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm

this is so exciting!!!!!!! i am going to the dec 19th umass/tigers game here in boston with my umass alum girlfriend and i'm trying to figure out a sign to make. something like "screwed by calipari club" with both school logos on the sign and arrows pointing down.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Also I'm totally ready to make Hippolyte my favorite Tiger name of all time.
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Also I'm totally ready to make Hippolyte my favorite Tiger name of all time.

I still don't think it tops Baskerville Holmes. It is great, however!

The sign idea is awesome--if ESPN has anything to do with airing the game, however, they'll choke before shooting y'all for broadcast! However, local news will fo' sho'!
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:32 am

Tarik Black, come on down!

#1 Recruiting class!!!
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:35 am

Is it true Tarik's committing tomorrow to the Tigers? I keep hearing Marquette.
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:47 am

Did this morning.

Word of the Tigers' demise has been greatly exaggerated.
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 10:59 am

NICE!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 11:00 am

http://memphisroar.com/2009/11/memphis-painted-black/

YESSSSSSSS!

I suppose we can officially say karma is biting Cal in the azz right about now, perhaps?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®