Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / helllooooo internets
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 11:50 am

Hi all! Just moved here from Texas to work at UofM. This town sure is pretty. Got a nice rental in E/V.

Gonerfest was a hell of a hoot and a nice thing to witness after only being here for a few weeks. Sadly I didn't get peed on or swung at.

I heard this is a tough town to find people to play music with. Is this true? I should probably sit tight for awhile anyway cause my job is taking up all my times.

Is there a good website for more detailed information about upcoming shows? The flyer and the appeal aren't exactly verbose when it comes to discussing why I would want to attend something. :( I guess this bb is probably a pretty good resource. I'm glad I found it!

How are y'all doing?
n8
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:30 pm

Memphis is a great town.
There's tons of folks to play with; it's just that everybody plays in everybody else's band. Not a bad thing. Just lots of bands.

What do you play?
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Jack is looking for a skin flautist, please apply in person.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Sam's just been looking at my craigslist again. I've told you before, Sambeaux: Serious inquiries only - none of this "curious" stuff".

I really am looking at putting something new together, though.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:42 pm

I guess this bb is probably a pretty good resource. I'm glad I found it!

pffft! I had to get a facebook message from someone in New York City to find out about Robyn Hitchcock playing here and only the night before it happened.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Jack is looking for a skin flautist, please apply in person.

I'm not that great at any of the instruments I play. So we'd need a bucket and a mop for spillage.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 1:02 pm

There's tons of folks to play with; it's just that everybody plays in everybody else's band. Not a bad thing. Just lots of bands.
What do you play?

Yeah, I've lived in Denton and Athens previously. Two towns notorious for everyone being in everyone else's band (or the entire town being in the band in the case of Dark Meat). I play fiddle, guitar, bass, keyboard listed in order of increasing shittiness.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

triple post! I love the minimalist nature of this BB. No avatars, no proper quoting, no pics, no pm's. just your word against mine.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 2:52 pm

No avatars, no proper quoting, no pics, no pm's. just your word against mine.

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Denton? When? I lived there most of 2000.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 5:01 pm

I lived there from 2005 - three months ago. If you played music with people, I'm sure we have at least a dozen mutual friends.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 5:42 pm

i lived there in 86 - 87, do we have any mutual friends?
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 6:05 pm

bruce, you don't have any friends mutual or otherwise.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 6:48 pm

uncle bruce?
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 7:01 pm

uncle bruce?

He was the "feel my finger in your ass? look, all ten in front of your face!" guy.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 9:22 pm

DAMN IT!!!
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Didn't play music there, but I did buy mad dog and sell plasma, so who knows?
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 9:46 am

He was the "feel my finger in your ass? look, all ten in front of your face!" guy.

No wonder Tommy likes him so much.
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 4:55 pm

He's what Heart calls "a Magic Man".
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 7:09 pm

He's what Heart calls "a Magic Man".

are we still making fun of me or is it tommy?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®