Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / explosion on harbert!
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 3:25 pm

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/aug/19/explosion-destroys-mi dtown-memphis-duplex-least-on/

A home in Midtown Memphis exploded this afternoon, sending at least one person to the hospital with burns.

There was no information on the cause of the blast at 1279 Harbert, which was being investigated by Memphis Fire Department officials. The victim, a woman, was found inside the house and is in non-critical condition..

The home, a duplex, was demolished.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Those Central Gardens folks are always causing trouble!
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:19 pm

meth?
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:41 pm

holy shit. if this was at some point in the last few hours, I wonder if that explains why I felt like my house (two streets over on carr, basically the same longitude) was suddenly shaken from that direction. It was really noticeable...must have been quite an explosion. I feel bad for the woman who lived there.

also, for the record, my house and the one that blew up are in Annesdale Park. Those Central Gardens dwellers wouldn't last one night on these rough and tumble streets!
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 5:51 pm

weird. one of the neighbor ladies in the news report they interviewed is an history prof at u of m.

i was thinking meth lab when i saw 'explosion' too. hrmm.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Close enough. Annesdale Park is the new Central Gardens.

Or it was before it blew up.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 6:08 pm

I like how everyone in the article "heard BOOM".
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 7:44 pm

as long as Buttermakers is safe....
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 9:27 pm

I walked down there to have a look, but the police were shooing everybody away. WMC has video. It looks like it blowed up real good. The fire department is saying gas leak.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Do to all the recent swordplay in Memphis, I think one Immortal succeeded in beheading another and the resulting Quickening blew the place apart- that simple.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 9:08 am

Part of the roof was blown off into the front yard. I hope the woman is OK she looked burned pretty bad when they pulled her out.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 9:36 am

I knew it wasn't meth if it was a rental on Harbert...gas line. I suppose it COULD have been meth, but those old junked up rentals in Midtown are notorious for some gas line issues.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 10:31 am

Dear sweet lord, what happened to Janice Broach? Was she involved in some sort of gas line explosion as well?
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 2:16 pm

those old junked up rentals in Midtown are notorious for some gas line issues.

I had a place on Tucker once that always smelled like gas, I got nervous when folks lit up.
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 11:33 pm

yeah, that house went BOOM west of central Gardens, where Cleveland becomes Creverand and Bellevue becomes Bellvru.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®