Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Name something good that Mayor Herenton did.
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 5:38 am

I would like to ask if there was anything that you liked or thought Herenton did well in his time of office?

1.) He is not a friend of the Ford family, which is a plus in my book. Probably laughed his ass off when John went to prison. Of course, this was a happy day in all of Mempho.

2.) There is a pro team in Memphis. Of course the team sucks, and tax dollars were used to open the Fed Ex Forum when there was a perfectly good stadium somewhere else, which to be fair, was started under previous administrations. Anyhoo, it is still nice to have a pro team to cheer for.

3.) Herenton is in good shape for a nearly 70 year old man. Got to give him that one. Something he could of done very positive for the city was to be a role model in physical fitness. I mean the old guy is still knocking women up for f**k sake.

4.) That one can be poor and still "be someone". Herenton I think got a bit old and crazy the last several years. The guy spent his whole life in Memphis and saw all the honkies go to Memphis State, Southwestern (now Rhodes), and other proper state schools while he got to Lemoyan-Owen. He remembers segregation. He remembers all the white parents in masse run away from the Memphis City School System. The guy is a racist. Something had to give.

However, one at leasts could put Herenton up as a model to the black community. Someone who graduated with a doctorate from Orange Mound State University, who wears suits from James Davis, having sex with waitresses. A man who fantasizes himself as Idi Amin, who thinks he's the greatest thing since cornbread, versus the current life of slinging dope downtown, joining the Army to get shot at, or working at some rib joint smoking Newports during breaks.

My new nickname for Myron Lowrey is "Prince Pork Chop". I wonder how long the Prince can keep himself from going to Tunica for the high dollar slot machines and the free buffet? He wont be any better than Herenton. Hell, I would rather have Herenton.
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 7:28 am

Name something good that Mayor Herenton did.

He finally quit!
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 7:39 am

Name something good that Mayor Herenton did.

I guess he got idiots like you to move away.
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 10:06 am

he made me start hating white people again
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 1:42 pm

Hell, I would rather have Herenton.

Well, you don't live here, so it's a great thing you have nothing to say in the matter.
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 6:08 pm

I guess he got idiots like you to move away.

THANKS!
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 7:08 am

My new nickname for Myron Lowrey is "Prince Pork Chop". I wonder how long the Prince can keep himself from going to Tunica for the high dollar slot machines and the free buffet? He wont be any better than Herenton. Hell, I would rather have Herenton.

It seems like Myron Lowrey is so giddey he's beside himself. I wonder if he's gonna have the "...it's time for the white man to step aside, because the BLACK MAN is in power now..." attitude like king willie.

What would be the basis of calling Lowrey "Prince Porkchop"?
Am I missing something here?cause all that tunica business is janice fullilove's stuff you described.

If W.W. Herenton dosen't like someone (Lowrey for instance), they may have a shot at being an O.K. person.

Who do you like for candidacy for the upcoming election?
I think Jerry Lawler might get my vote if he runs.
He's a better clown than most of em'.
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 9:58 am

MONGO!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 11:06 am

I did like this, from his last day in office.

"This city has never been unified," Herenton said. "Unifying people in Memphis along racial lines, we've got to always work toward that. But don't come 18 years later and say you were unified, and I divided you."

It's true. But too bad he did everything in his power to both exploit and exacerbate the hell out of that divide.
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 1:13 pm

Amen, robin. As Mayor his job was to bridge those divides. Instead, he exploited them to maintain his power.
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 1:53 pm

I guess where I have a problem with that quote is that it isn't that anyone was saying he divided anything that was unified. Leave it to kookoo to slide on past any reality and say some half-truth in a lame attempt to defend himself. He's fucking delusional.
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 6:53 pm

He's fucking delusional.

And obstinate.
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 6:55 pm

OH YEAH!

Are there any Fords running?
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 12:37 am

Mine is, barely.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:44 am | Edited by: eric o

ha!
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 1:46 pm

If W.W. Herenton dosen't like someone (Lowrey for instance), they may have a shot at being an O.K. person.

bingo.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:38 pm

Everybody just keep your fingers crossed that whatever FBI investigation is going on wraps up before the congressional election. Did you know that besides terrorism, the FBI spends most of their resources investigating political corruption? Let's hope they spent a few million working to bring down King Willie.

There's no way they'll let him set foot on Capitol Hill, unless it's at a congressional hearing where he's being investigated. Mark my words.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 4:11 am

He deserves to be a congressman because he black.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®