Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Looks like Willie is resigning...maybe.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 10:48 am

11:30 AM press conference. Myron Lowery would be mayor for 90 days.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:17 am

Didn't we do this last year?
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:23 am

Is it too hot there to dance in the streets, is that the reason for the midday announcement?
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:25 am

Hey, its never too hot to dance on the ceiling!

5 minutes. Appparently Myron Lowery has received a resignation letter. HOLEEEE KEERIST.

I am wondering what kinda loophole he'll throw out there.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:30 am

last year he said he would step down on July 31st. Posh. What's the skinny? Where'd ya see the resignation letter verification?
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:30 am

Always a stunner, wait for it
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:34 am

JULY 10th 2009!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

July 10th....HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'm going to get out there and work my ass off for Cohen!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:36 am

Can we leave work early for a synchronized dance routine down Main Street?
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:43 am

Is anyone listening to this speech? He is going to be bragging on his delusions for the next 4 hours.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:45 am

God...can he just stop with the BLACK THING????
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:46 am

Let me paraphrase~

"Please forward all gratuities to Herenton Capital Partners after July 10th. I hope to bring my local experience (of graft, nepotism and negligence) to a national level in the near future"

well put dude!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:47 am

Alisa, he's just practicing for his whole angle for his congressional run. I hate this dude...all the switching from first to third person is freaking me out.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 11:54 am

Now he's bragging about...THE GRIZZLIES!!!
hahahahaha.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:00 pm

I need to go pick up liquor and grab something for lunch, but I cannot stop listening. It's like my first session with a psychotic guy...fascinating!

He's completely delusional...he has referred to himself as a "victim" twice and also said "haters" a couple of times as well.

"I gotta be honest with y'all...I kinda lost my zeal...the challenge, it was just time, you just don't have that zeal...I gotta climb mountains EVERYDAY."
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:01 pm | Edited by: Alisa

It's like my first session with a psychotic guy...fascinating!

He's completely delusional

That nigga is crazy!!!!

Seriously...this guy doesn't think there are any white people in Memphis.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:05 pm

I hate to laugh, but I will because its him, but this little ratty picture of him as a little ghetto child and the way he is using it is ridiculous.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Myron Lowery is licking his fat little chops.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:12 pm | Edited by: Alisa

You know, it's absolutely admirable for a "little ghetto child" to wind up as mayor of his city. But it's absolutely deplorable to make that your claim to fame.
It's my fondest hope that someone, black or white, can finally lead this city in a way that doesn't put racism in the forefront.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:18 pm

If he "retires" before he gets indicted, he gets to keep his pension...the Congressional run is a smoke screen
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:22 pm

QUITER!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:43 pm

If he "retires" before he gets indicted, he gets to keep his pension...the Congressional run is a smoke screen

Thanks, Golightly!!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Muy interesante!

So, the federal attorneys better hustle up and call a grand jury tonight!
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Muy interesante!

So, the federal attorneys better hustle up and call a grand jury tonight!

hahaha. what a douche. can't wait to see what happens in the end
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 1:57 pm

an atty who does work for the mayor's office/ city hipped me to this yesterday afternoon. needless to say, i'm pretty psyched

^i was wondering about this. by the by, the guy i know who's up in the loop was suggesting that no one with the full weight & resources of the Mayor's office is going to step down if he's a fearing indictment -- more or less suggesting that no one in their right mind wants to fight the feds as a private citizen. obviously this was one dude just thinking out loud, so we might see jail-bird Willie yet...
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 2:03 pm

jail-bird Willie

Aren't they playing the Bucc this weekend?
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 2:16 pm

needless to say, i'm pretty psyched

So who else is resigning? Was McGee's resignation just a prelude of tons of people dropping like flies and heading over to the Willie for Congress campaign? Not to mention the cadre of appointees who are completely unqualified for their "jobs" making over $100K a year...they will likely be looking for jobs very, very soon.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 2:21 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

I am in shock. He had it made in the shade. I'd support the candidate whose main campaign pledge was to do mass firings.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Can we leave work early for a synchronized dance routine down Main Street?

YES! I just heard this news confirmed by my boss, who attended a lunch meeting with city officials in Memphis today - he's leaving office on my birthday. Thanks, Willie, for your thoughtful gift.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 2:59 pm

I am envisioning some "I'm a Pepper!" commercial featuring Yuppies from the 80's: Ladies ripping off their padded shouldered blazers and shimmying down Main in neon leotards.

Now if only a worthwhile candidate steps to the plate...and Cohen doesn't stumble all over himself reacting to Willie's stupid blustering during the campaign for Congress.
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 7:26 pm

You want Myron Lowrey to run the city? That affirmative action turd? I used to see him down at the high stakes tables when I was working in Tunica. I don't think he will be any better in the city, and will do his best to try to make Memphis, a 100 percent "chocolate city"....

Which means crime, drugs, graft and corruption, cops on the take, hookers on the street, gunfire so numerous it sounds like Chinatown in February, with all the small time thugs and maniacs moving out to Cordova, with all the working people moving totally out of Shelby County.

Yeah, you go Myron.
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 9:54 pm

uh it's just 90 days senor. don't get your racism so riled up. chocolate city. what a dick.
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Which means crime, drugs, graft and corruption, cops on the take, hookers on the street, gunfire so numerous it sounds like Chinatown in February, with all the small time thugs and maniacs moving out to Cordova, with all the working people moving totally out of Shelby County.

Wow. I guess a lot can happen in 90 days.

Does anyone know if the pension can be revoked if the FBI manages to bring charges before July 10th?
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Oh man--you are a JOKE!

"The working people"? Nice veil, there. And you obviously haven't been to Cordova in awhile, land of the middle-aged drunken white man in a Hummer shooting another middle aged white guy (who dared challenge him about how close he parked it to his Yukon) in front of his kids outside Panera Bread.
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 5:54 pm

land of the middle-aged drunken white man in a Hummer shooting another middle aged white guy (who dared challenge him about how close he parked it to his Yukon) in front of his kids outside Panera Bread.

Suburban Libertarians.

Fook Yoo Boogie Woogie.
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 7:57 pm

land of the middle-aged drunken white man in a Hummer shooting another middle aged white guy (who dared challenge him about how close he parked it to his Yukon) in front of his kids outside Panera Bread.

can i just go on records as saying one of the best ways to improve our city & surrounding is to let these dudes run wild killing each other til there's none left? just get the word out to the regular folks to stay off Germantown Parkway after 5 PM.
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 8:22 pm

what if i stay at work late, crap?
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 8:58 am

what if i stay at work late, crap?

Just keep away from the windows and stay the night under your desk.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®