Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / flea markets, junk stores & veggie eating in memphis?
Posted: May 28, 2009 10:47 am

i need to start thinking about what i'll be doing when i'm not at the gories/oblivians shows on fri & sat.

any good flea markets? junk stores? recommended restaurants for low maintainence vegetarians?
Posted: May 28, 2009 11:24 am

R.P. Tracks has bbq tofu. The veggie burger is not so hot, 'think it's a morning star farms veggie pattie. The tofu's good, though. That place is out by Highland near Brother Juniper's which is a good breakfast restaurant.
Posted: May 28, 2009 11:51 am

Anyone been to that Deja Vu place at DeSoto and Florida? Supposedly lots of vegetarian options along with their Louisiana-style soul food.
Posted: May 28, 2009 11:54 am

that middle eastern place next to goner had good veggie stuff. and i snuck off and had a nice veggie dinner at beauty shop in cooper young too. hell, you can even just eat mad sides at gus's and do ok without meat.
Posted: May 28, 2009 1:18 pm

There are a lot of thrift stores and junk stores on Summer Ave. Start at Thrift Citi at Summer and National, and then just work your way (east) up the street. Not too far from Midtown.

I don't know much about veggie stuff, but India Palace in Midtown has stuff on their buffet...spinach, lentils, etc.
Posted: May 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Anyone been to that Deja Vu place at DeSoto and Florida? Supposedly lots of vegetarian options along with their Louisiana-style soul food.

yeah i've been hearing about this place
Posted: May 28, 2009 2:08 pm

thanks for all the answers. looks like i'll be fine.
Posted: May 28, 2009 2:12 pm

indeed. SUPER nice folks, great food, and vegan-oriented. Plus meat! Delicious pork chops and po-boys... yum.
Posted: May 28, 2009 9:04 pm

I ate dinner at Dejavu at 5PM. then at 6PM they were at the Shell, serving up jambalaya to all the Cowboy Jack listeners. They said they'll be @ the Shell all summer long... and they said they're looking for a Midtown location! insanely good Creole soul food...
Posted: May 29, 2009 8:45 am

Yeah man...Dejavu is great and the folks are super nice. Been several times and I think they have the best yams and greens in the city! Plenty of veg options in midtown from middle eastern to Indian to pizza. You shouldnt have a problem.
Posted: May 30, 2009 8:14 am

Golden India
Kwik Check
Memphis Pizza Cafe
Hi Tone Pizza!
Huey's does a good veggie smokey melt
And yeah, the RP Tracks BBQ tofu nachos are great...and large.

just eat mad sides at gus's
This goes for most home-cookin/soulfood joints in town.
Posted: May 30, 2009 3:46 pm

Hey, any of you hippies grow sprouts at home? Where's a good place to get seeds meant for sprouting and not gardening?
Posted: May 30, 2009 7:53 pm

just eat mad sides at gus's
This goes for most home-cookin/soulfood joints in town.

except the ones that use ham or bacon grease in their veggies....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®