Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis Craigslist Gold...no... make that copper
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 1:58 pm

IS THERE AN ART CROWD IN MEMPHIS!? (10years behind the times!!)
Maybe if you are reading this you are an artist!? Maybe you even play an instrument!? Maybe you aren't SCARED to meet new people!? Maybe you're tired of the MEDIOCRITY that seems to be the norm !? I've been trying to find fellow ARTISTS in this town for 6 months but everyone here seems to have their head up their ass. I'm simply looking for fellow musicians, especially a drummer, to hang out with, make music with, possibly record an album. The only requirement is that you have to feel as strongly as i do that NICKELBACK, and bands alike, suck the devil's black cock of death. Banality is abound in this city and i'm hoping i meet a few people that actually realize this!!! i've met with few folks and most of them thought that they were rockstars when actually their music seemed quite boring. I'm looking for someone weird and passionate in this town. If you 'kinda like the red hot chili's new album' - fuck you. Sorry to sound harsh. i'm really not . i'm a nice guy; i just have moved here from the northwest and memphis is 10 years behind the times. Can you tell that 1998-99 wasn't that good to me the first go around? With all that said, I make music using samples. I'd call it experimental. I'm not a dj though. i add live vocals. i NEED a friend, drummer, someone to write songs with, some one that doesn't suck. If you are scared by now just go put on your favorite insane clown posse album and shut up the 'f' up, If you are interested let me know! ;)
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 2:06 pm

i'm scared, anybody have an i.c.p. album i can borrow?
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 2:10 pm

where the fuck has this dumbass been hanging out? fox n hound or flying saucer? geebus. it ain't that hard.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:29 am

Someone please respond to this guy. Please!
I mean, hell, I can do it.
It can be the new Goner soap opera.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:38 am

the first email has been sent. I hope this dude responds.

Man, I know what you mean. I moved to Memphis from outside portland about 20 years ago and my mind was blown. And, to be honest, the scene hasn't gotten much better. I have tried for years to get something together, but things always devolve into drunken frat parties debating the Merits of the latest Dave Matthews album or a debate about some obscure crap that came out years ago. To be honest, I couldn't give less of a shit. I have been playing the drums since around 93 and have been in several local bands that you may or may not have heard of. That being said, I want to get in on the cutting edge and show Memphis that they need to get with the times. Enough of this hipper than thou bullshit. Enough of the Nickelback clones. It is about time I found a kindred spirit. You can contact me at this email....

Carl
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:42 am

i NEED a friend, drummer, someone to write songs with, some one that doesn't suck.

It is about time I found a kindred spirit.

Well, these two sound like they'll make a great couple.

Fags.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm ten years behind the times.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Words just have SO much more EMPHASIS when you use ALL CAPS!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Nickelback is awesome
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 6:45 pm

http://memphis.craigslist.org/hsh/1586371342.html

nice to have a friend sometimes...
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 2:29 pm

I was not aware the devil's cock was black.
The things I learn on the goner board....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®