Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Kriner Cash is Horrible
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 8:52 am

I have been totally unimpressed with this guy. All talk, no walk and some of his talk is fucking scary. Such as this brilliant idea:

The force has been one of Cash's goals since he arrived. The idea is that a school-run force can deal better with children's behavioral issues than can a traditional force, staffed by officers trained to arrest and take students to Juvenile Court.

Cash moved quickly to add security officers last fall, including a 10-member SWAT-like team that makes unannounced visits at schools.

He also enlisted Sen. Reginald Tate and Rep. Ulysses Jones to submit bills to the state legislature that would grant the district the authority to run a police force.

But Cash has not officially brought the issue to the board. By approving a $10 million-plus security budget that Cash said was adequate to move to a 90-officer school-run police force, some members felt the district police force was getting an automatic OK.

oh i just realized he already has this SWAT team bullshit.

Sorry, this is NOT a working solution. He actually believes that aping a police force is "handling behavioral issues"???? What is the diff?

I think his pinky rings are cutting off the blood to his brain.
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 11:38 am

I cannot STAND him. He is as slimy as they come, and he does not care about the children or the teachers. I just got done reading that article in the paper and I can't decide who I dislike more, him or Whalum. The man is totally out for himself. I miss Carol Johnson... she cared.
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 12:57 pm | Edited by: saispas

The guy makes John Calipari look like a saint! Talk about getting over on Memphis when we were down. He has no ability to do the job that the kids of this city deserve. He is all about "CTC....Cut The Check." I have heard that he shows up in certain Midtown restaurants and carries himself like a greasy street hustler. Oust this prick or make his time here so miserable he bails. Believe me the schools and the kids will be in better shape for it.
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 4:07 pm

It seems to me that the initiatives he's come up with are unimportant and ineffective. They do more harm and cause more damage to already low morale among employees. Yes, MCS needs a swift kick in the ass, but how about trimming the fat in the upper administration, and more importantly, restructuring the curricular agenda to be more meaningful???
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 6:17 pm

I've been reading more about him since being aghast at his school police force plan. What an incredible waste of $$$ and effort for truly a small issue in the scheme of problems the district faces. It's embarassing and honestly, frightening, that this is one of his biggest initiatives.
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 12:48 am

He is a total piece of shit. My former co-workers have told me about how he will not allow any negative publicity about the schools. Work emails have been monitored, as well as phone calls. Word is he has sent people into schools in the evenings, snooping around to make sure nothing putting MCS in an unfavorable light. I do know that one of his spies saw a teacher talking on her cell phone during school hours, and she was suspended without pay for 2 weeks. Maybe that teacher was talking to someone about her own kids, or maybe she was calling the parent of one of her students (not unheard of).

Although I didn't plan to be out of the system, I am glad I am.

He is arrogant and corrupt as they come. I'm sure he and Willie are buds.
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 9:49 am

That was just what I was about to say when I read your paragraph about his paranoid behavior!

I know he lunches often with Henry Turley--he's just trying to be a player. I say run him out of town on a rail. I wonder how quickly he will get found out?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®