Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / R.I.P. Kevin "Kemo" Cardosi
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 5:55 pm

I was shocked to open the paper today and see an obituary for Kevin Cardosi. Anyone remember him? Total maniac during the Antenna scene in the late 1980s. I have fond memories of him soon after I moved to Memphis in '85, was hanging with the punks down at the Elvis statue that used to be on Beale Street near MLGW, and Kemo was affixing kotex pads all over the King's body. Someone videotaped it, and the cops came down and held us all for a few hours, lectured us, and made Kemo clean the statue. I think he got sent to juvenile hall that night? Anyways, he grew up, married Hollie, a girl I went to high school with, and became a firefighter/EMT in G'town. According to his obit, he became a father last year, and died on Sunday. The funeral is at Hope Presbyterian.
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 6:26 pm

How did it happen? I remember that dude from afar.
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 8:45 pm

Yes I definitely remember him and I even remember the Kotex Elvis incident by word of mouth.
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 8:50 am

I remember him beating people up for no reason at the doughnut shop....whew...
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 10:59 am

Holy Shit! That sucks!

Do you know how he died? I mean, he was only like 38 or so.

Had not seen he or Hollie in years.

One of the last nights we hung out was rather uummm...... interesting, to say the least.
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 11:39 am

don't know what happened, assume it was an illness? yes, he was 38.
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 12:36 pm

Wow. Just called Pam about this.
I only met the guy once or twice (good guy) but Pam goes back w/both Kevin and Hollie. She's stunned.
My thoughts go out to the family. RIP.
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 5:04 pm

Like I said it was from afar...I was scared shitless of the dude. Sorta legendary ass kicker! Heard some pretty brutal stories(and saw the results of said stories)!
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 2:35 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

I ran into Kevin in church of all places a few Christmas Eve services ago. We had a quick chat and lost touch again after exchanging a few emails. Fun guy, and someone you knew had your back and wouldn't puss out if things got exciting. He channeled all that energy into his job, and became a very responsible citizen. RIP.
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Kevin is on the list of folks I wanted to get back in touch with from back in the day at the Antenna reunion. I remember him getting that nickname for that fucked up hair cut at Cheapskates. He was like a sweet little brother. My most sincere condolences go out to his family.
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 4:28 pm

I read about the funeral and viewing about 6:00 that evening (wed. after it was all over).I would have gone if it were possible, but I found out about it about an hour and a half too late.
Kevin had cardio-vascular problems in his teens & early twenties. He discussed a femoral catheter placement early in our friendship, which leads me to believe there was an ongoing tricuspid malfunction. I do not know what caused his demise, but I bet it had something to do with plaque, or a valve
Goddamnit! we were in the dead cat club together!

I wonder if he voted for Barak Obama.
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 9:01 am

Damn. Kemo was always cool to me, and I was good friends with Hollie for a time. Hope she's doing ok. Damn.
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 1:56 pm

i didn't know the guy (before my time ) but my husband knew him and speaks very highly of him. my empathy (yes, emapathy) goes out to you all. it's terrible to lose a friend. -b krog
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 8:53 pm

I went to high school at ridgeway with kevin and Hollie(hollie since kindergarten)I became one of Kevins best friends from 7th grade to about 11th.I was shocked to hear the news a week too late.I did so much with him,(I too was at the Elvis/tampon incident)His Mom drove us to the antenna in the snow to see the circle jerks one night,and the next night to see JFA.We would always hang out after school,or go skating at the ditch,ramps,and hanging out at cheapskates.I lost touch for a time but did talk with him a couple of years ago,a few times.The last 2 times I hung out with him were both unplanned,one at the misfits reunion,and the other at a tool show,we hung out as if we came together,It made me feel like a kid again,remembering the old scene.I will miss seeing him at shows,he died way too young.R.I.P. KEMO! Paul W.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 8:18 am

I knew Kevin from the Memphis Punx days, he was always a good friend and a good guy to me. I am totally shocked to hear of his death. What happened? He was a firefighter so I would think he was in good physical shape. I am really very very saddened. You will be missed kemo. I heard that Darren "Most Hardcore" died awhile back also?
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Darren "Most Hardcore" died awhile back also?

Darren Yarborough will not be missed, as he had proved himself to be a propetual worsening problem upon all he met with no redeemable qualities.

oldschool 87
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 6:27 am

what was it that Darren died of?
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 2:14 pm | Edited by: littlemisslinda

Benevolant intervention.
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 8:55 am

As I just found out about Kemo, I am so sad. I had been able to get back in touch with him about 3 years ago and very much enjoyed being around him and Hollie and the baby. I found out the hard way as I went to the house last night to say hello to the family. It is quiet a shock. And I am deeply saddened. I will always miss him. Had so much fun through those years. He was one of a kind. R.I.P. MY GOOD FRIEND, KEVIN CARDOSI.
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 7:01 am

WOW all I can say is WOW

I grew up with Kevin and went to school with him also. Crazy kid, but such a good guy at heart. I looked him up as a whim and found this out. Man that is sad news.

RIP Kevin
Posted: May 20, 2016 1:53 am

I'm Kevin's younger brother and randomly came across this thread while getting drunk and messing around on the internet looking up family stuff. I know this thread is way done, but just wanted to say it was a really cool surprise running across this and seeing all these stories. I miss him. He got me through some tough stuff when I was an angry kid just like he used to be. This thread, while a bummer for sure, made my night. Thanks for that.
Posted: Aug 26, 2017 3:52 am

Kevin was a great guy and I will always remember him. One of the first people from the "Memphis punx" that I had met. We always go on and I hope that his family are doing ok, Holly and his son Lucio I believe.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®