Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / HOAX BS TXT
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 3:44 pm

So, that old bullshit hoax text message about the gang initiation at Wal Mart that started in Memphis 5 years ago and made it all the way to southern Florida is back. There is a Snopes article as well as an MSNBC article dated 2 hrs ago verifying that it is indeed a hoax.

So, if you get it, relax and don't forward it.
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 4:16 pm

I just got one an hour ago.
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 5:16 pm

i've gotten 2 in the past hour. crazy
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 5:28 pm

i got one of these texts today too. lame-o. i ain't goin anywhere near a walmart anytime soon anyway, so i don't have shit to worry about even if the shit was real.
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 6:18 pm

My cousin in Helena called me today (she's an avid Walmart shopper...but you would be too if you lived in Helena) and said her daughter was so scared last night she made her turn the house alarm on. Poor thing. I reminded cuz about Snopes.
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 9:36 pm

My supervisor (of Marion, AR) came rushing back from lunch warning me to not go to Walmart. I got on Snopes and told her it was all BS. She seemed bummed.
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 10:28 am

Hey, if it keeps some people from going to wal-fart...

Not all lies are bad!
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 7:09 pm

But hell, man, there ain't nothing else left in West Memphis and Marion. I felt her pain!
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 9:18 pm | Edited by: redbone

Whaddaya mean? You got the Big Stars and a gazillion gas stations.

What's so bad about Slim Jims and Fritos for dinner five nights a week?

If it's good enough for truckers...
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 1:32 pm

You know, I ALWAYS tell people when they are spreading an urban legend. Always. And do you know how many have thanked me for correcting them and stopping them from spreading further misinformation? None. People feel no gratitude these days.

And it seriously pisses me off.
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 9:51 am

one friend thanked me. the other immediately resent a txt to all of the peeps she had sent the urban legend to saying "nevermind, i'ts a hoax" haha
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®