Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Moving to Memphis
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 9:26 pm

I plan on moving to Memphis in spring. I'm in need of a scenery change. Do you enjoy living here? have you lived here your whole life or moved here from somewhere else? i would love to hear people's opinions on the city. I like Memphis, I'm coming from Louisville, Kentucky. A friend warned me that gang violence is an issue for the city. Any insight would be appreciated. It'd be good to make friends with people on the Goner board. I love Goner records. I'm a huge fan of The Oblivians and can't wait for their reunion show w/ The Gories!
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 10:36 pm | Edited by: Miss Faye

There's a thread on here somewhere about this--someone was contemplating a move down from Chicago I think. Someone find it and post it!

I like Memphis fine. I've lived here for 22 years, other than a year-long stint in Oxford. I don't know that I want to live here forever, but then again, it would be a good home base because it's so cheap.

Look on the recent "Things to Love About Memphis" thread too.
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 10:37 pm | Edited by: Miss Faye

Oh, and crime is an issue. Pretty much everywhere.
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 10:56 pm

A friend warned me that gang violence is an issue for the city

My gang is totally going to beat you up. STAY OUT OF MIDTOWN!!!
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 11:13 pm

I love Goner records. I'm a huge fan of The Oblivians

Eric ONLY signs autographs after losing in ping pong at the Hi Tone. Watch the tournament schedule and you might get lucky.
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 8:32 am

moved here from san francisco 2 years ago. i like memphis. it reminds me of new orleans a bit. rough around the edges, got it's own thing going on, cool local shows, 4 seasons ( in san francisco it was always cold and in new orleans it is either hot and wet or cold and wet). i liked it enough to get a house for the first time.

crime, eh, not like rampant or anything. about like most cities this size.
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 11:02 am

There's a thread on here somewhere about this

Bray!

(bray!)
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 11:09 am

Do yer homework. Don't just look for info on a Memphis based message board, 95% of the local people on here will tell you what a 'great place it is'
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 12:22 pm

A friend warned me that gang violence is an issue for the city

My gang is totally going to beat you up. STAY OUT OF MIDTOWN!!!

i'd seriously consider which gang you're gonna join before moving here. I think Goner only lets Mac Crypts and Southside Boyz in the front door.
gotta survive, gotta maintain.

ps: ill give you protection from John Gotti VI for $500 a month (i got paypal)
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Please dont move here cause of Goner or the Oblivians. They can't make ALL the worries go away, pal.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®