Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Videos at the Antenna Club
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 10:33 pm

Shooting from the hip here: What was the name of that music video channel that played on the TV's at the Antenna Club? Was it a subscriber-only "VHS magazine" or was it a subsciber-only channel? And did it or things like it exist before MTV's 120 Minutes aired in March of '86?
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 11:35 pm

Me thinks that was just a really really long video.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 11:37 pm

it was rockamerica, if you're talking about the bad brains/cro mags etc segment they would show over and over again. i think it was a videotape subscription service.
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 12:29 am

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 10:22 am

those videos ruled.
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm

butt still hass anyone heard fromm barry bobb ?????
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 5:51 pm

butt still hass anyone heard fromm barry bobb ?????

I found a old cowboy boot and one high heel out by the Antenna dumpster...but no sign of BB
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 7:23 pm | Edited by: saispas

They kept them behind the bar and there were MANY of them. The ones I seem to recall was the one that had Husker Du "Makes No Sense at All" and Sonic Youth "Stranger on a Train" on it. Earlier there were the videos for The Cure "Lovecats" and The Cult "She Sells Sanctuary". LET'S DANCE!
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 12:28 am

Minutemen -King of the Hill and This ain't no picnic -Yeah!
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 1:51 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

from the early Antenna days: "Wunderbar" Tenpole Tudor, "Too Many Creeps" Bush Tetras, "Where's The Boy For Me?" The Revillos "Dancing With The Rebels" Original Mirrors
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 9:44 pm

I remember that Leneord Cohen song Closin Time would be at the end of the tape. So by the time i was good and trashed at beer bust...it was really closin time by the time that song came on.

Here it is!

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 5:43 pm

cro mags

this was the one.

gotta love nyc.
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am

Came across this and wanted to let all concerned Barry Bob is alive and well in ATL. Ran into him reading Tarot cards at a topas bar. No bandanas or boots, but you'll be happy to hear he's still bat shit crazy and has a kid (no lie). Anyone remember the guy named Kerri that played videos there?

These are the first that come to my mind that haven't been listed-

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 8:31 am

I remember kerri, last time I saw him was in Atlanta in 5 points at a pizza place MANY years ago.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®