Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Home for the holidays- what's delicious/fun/happening these days?
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 2:38 pm

I'll be in Memphis in two weeks for the X-mas magic. I haven't lived there for over three years now, so I'm not in the know anymore. What's delicious? I'm vegetarian so that rules a lot of stuff out I know. What fun stuff is happening? I'm arriving on the day of the Tigers/Syracuse game, which has promise...

I probably won't be the only person having this conundrum. Help out the ex-pats, Memphis!

Also, if anyone knows where/what the lesbian bars are and if they aren't absolutely terrible, that would be a big help.
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 5:03 pm

We drove past Drew's last night, across from the Tandy Leather Shop. It looked pretty happenin' and there were people with their arms around each other as if they were having a group singalong of Billy Joel's Piano Man.
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 10:14 pm

robin -- we're gonna have to hit up umai for brunch when i get back into town after christmas. they've got some delicious vegetarian options and you can't go without me cuz i have dreams about their fried rice omelette.

as far as stuff going on that week that you'll be here, you already know about the harlan show, but also that crunchy black show you'd probably be into on the 26th. i may come back a day into town earlier just to hang with ya and go to that because i'm pretty damn sure that'll end up being interesting. much more interesting than listening to my family bicker all day, that's for sure. i think i'll be over and done with being around them by then anyhow.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 11:02 am

What's up homegirl.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:58 pm

One More on Peabody at Cooper always looks pretty happening.

Vegetarian eats: Mayuri's weekend dinner buffet rocks as does Abysynnia's lunch buffet. I've been hearing great things about Pho Hoa Binh's lunch buffet, but I think it's only M-F, which is when I work. I get their tofu stuff all the time though. Casa Grill, formerly known as Casablanca, has good Mediterranean, and a kickass salmon pita if you eat fish. Whole Foods has great hot and salad bars, but it can be a bit pricey.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:18 pm

That place is scary. I went in there with my obviously gay guy friend one time and I thought I was going to get chewed up and spit out.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 9:16 pm

i went to one more one night with some derby girls and i got eyeballed by some lady who looked like my grandma, which kinda weirded me out a bit. heheh.

i would probably recommend i-spectrum for ya, robin. it's the old 616 building.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 9:18 pm

WINTER ICE TORNADOCAINE OF DEATH 2008!!!
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 11:28 pm

quiiiiinn!!! are we gonna gangsta walk together at crunchy black?? i am so ready!!

one more is pretty scary indeed. i like the general idea of it, but the mullettude is kinda intense. although i guess it's not that much better or worse than that fucking neon paint volkswagen-fake-driven-through-the-wall shit at madison flame (RIP, or rather not RIP). Oh, Memphis dykes! so so sad! But mayuri's and casa grill sound amazing Miss Faye, so major thanks for the recommendations! I will definitely hit up one or both!

i cannot wait to get my eat and drank on! memphis!!!! i'm so damn homesick.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 9:46 am

i heard one more closed down...?
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 9:57 am

The hottest lesbian I ever saw works at the Starbucks on Mendenhall and Poplar. Go there for a hangover cup of coffee after a night of mulleted old cranks. It'll be just the thing.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 7:22 pm

Eh, I'm no good. I used to frequent the gay bars--not much experience in the lesbian bars other than a couple of karaoke nights at the Flame.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 9:36 pm

thanks dirtywhite!! everybody keep that lesbian advice coming. i am gonna be desperado.

miss faye- you were uber helpful, thank you!!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 10:00 pm

Any hetero holiday fun going on? The Millionaire and I will be around too.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 10:03 pm

eric o - are you up for some ping pong?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®