Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis Hair Stylist Alternatives...
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:54 pm

...loooooooove Emily at Pavo but damn if their hours aren't for the Ladies Who Lunch (i.e. Don't Ever Have to Work) crowd and she is the only thing tolerable about the entire place. Aveda product sucks anyway...plus I CAN NEVER GET AN APPOINTMENT!!!

I know we went through this awhile back but who are the other kick ass stylists in town?
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:08 pm

i like angela at dabbles. robin tucker is fantastic, but kinda expensive. and i have heard everyone on here rave about krissy, but i'm not altogether sure where she works. (andria would know...)
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Capelli. Also hard to get an appointment. I make my next one before I leave.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Hi Gorgeous is pretty easy to get an appt with.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 11:37 pm

the ol dudes on cooper ..very reasonable..great parking...what's not to love..just don't get the dude w/ the humpback ..he's very shshshshshaky w/ the razor..9 bills and you out ..grrrrl get you some and have some chchchcange for the up'n com'n shoe festival.....
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 7:11 am

i like angela at dabbles.

+1

Very cool, gorgeous, has the artistic eye and ability.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 11:27 am

Hi Gorgeous is pretty easy to get an appt with.

i wanted to cry the last time i got a haircut there. when they did my hair for a wedding (which involved no cutting or coloring), i liked it. but i am not getting my hair cut at that place again.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm | Edited by: Windy

Hi Gorgeous has a good esthetician but their hair people aren't that good.

I used to get good cuts at Gould's in cordova and at the downtown location.

Also, the one near India Palace on poplar.

*sigh* I miss knowing just where everything is.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 1:22 pm

i still go to detroit to get my hair cut right
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:14 pm

I swear I should fly to NYC at this rate. Faster appt time.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 4:07 pm

I can't anticipate when I will need a haircut or what day I will have off 8 weeks in advance. Does Capelli or even Dabbles have past 6 appt times?
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 7:06 pm

robin tucker gives amazing haircuts all hours of the night- robintuckerstudio.com.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 7:49 pm

I like the day or night options---thanks for the tip.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:31 am

I've heard a few comments about neutral or bad experiences there, but in a pinch, if you just need a trim... I called Hi Gorgeous in desperation on a Wed. afternoon and got an appointment for that Sat. afternoon. The cut and color were perfect and priced right (haircut for new clients is 1/2 price). The stylist (Brittany) listened well and did EXACTLY what I wanted. Staff there were polite, attentive, and friendly but not obnoxious. No complaints whatsoever.

My last haircut before that, I went to Krissy at Capelli. Liked her, the cut and color were fine (nothing special), but I HATED the salon - crowded, dirty (!!), staff at the front desk were not at all friendly, took 3 1/2 hours for all-over color (no fancy highlights or anything) and a trim (of my straight, medium-length hair), and it took 3 weeks to get an appointment with her. Swore I'd never go there again. But I tend to like smaller salons anyway, where there's not a separate stylist and shampoo girl - ick.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:39 am

I know--I hate Capelli too as a salon for many of the same reasons I don't like Pavo, but Capelli is worse. I stopped buying my Bumble & Bumble stuff there just to avoid the snotty customers and staff. Nothing worse than East Memphis snotty trash---pssst, lemme tell em something, you'd be laughed at in that Bedazzled gear you're rocking anywhere but Poplar & Perkins, hag.

Anyway, I have just made a resolve to wait it out til I could see Emily in nearly 2 weeks (!!!). Thank god it is hat weather. And the cloche is back!!!
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 4:05 pm

I just throw on a wig, and this girl is out the door!

two of miss linda's little girlfriends told me Krissy's A#1.
shewwwww,..... I'm glad I have my wig! *(snap)*
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 4:27 pm

I just wish Krissy and/or Emily worked somewheres else cos...well, those salons are just hideous. But yeah, at least Pavo doesn't do the old "Shampoo Girl" weirdness. You just have to avoid the Aveda Product Cult mess.

Maybe I should get a winter wig.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®