Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Kris Yates - Drummer
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Anyone know if Kris Yates every frequents this board, or what the hell he's up to these days?
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 6:48 pm

I was just asking someone about him the other day. I didn't get an answer though. The subject changed.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 6:49 pm

I just talked to you on the phone!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Ha!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:08 pm

I know he had that internet company back in the 90s, World Spice.

I was in touch with a girl on MySpace a few years, and Kris used to play drums in her band. She was going to put me in touch with him, but it never happened.

I also found an email address for a Kris Yates working as a programmer/webmaster at a Memphis company called 2b Interactive. I figured that must be him, but nobody ever replied to the email address, and calling the phone number on the website gives a recording saying "Your call did not go through. Please try your call again at a later time."

Not very promising.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:23 pm

World Spice is still in business
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Wire wrote:
World Spice is still in business

Oh. Well it's been a while. My understanding was that Kris had a financial stake in the company, and it was sold. Maybe he sold out his stake to a partner. I don't know. You may know the details better than I.

I know that his old World Spice email address no longer works (and for that matter, probably hasn't for, like, a decade or something).
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 9:55 am | Edited by: april n

i saw him last month at the angel sluts show at spin street. he was dressed as darth flava (he had just come from a halloween party). he just recently got married and changed his last name....i can't remember right now what he said his last name is now though.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 11:49 am

Kross
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 11:27 pm

Tony L (Angel Sluts) has his number, I'll see if I can get it and get him on. I need to call him and congratulate him on being married. Man, I haven't seen that guy in years. He took me to my first show at the Antenna way back when. </nostalgia>
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 7:50 am

The musical Tomes brothers started Worldspice, maybe that's how Kris got involved? Way back in the day Keith was in Barking Dog and Paul was in the Soul Capitalists.
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 9:39 pm

So, I got a little info on his last name: Spencer

I found telephone numbers in Memphis for:

Kristopher Yates
&
Chris Spencer

Both were disconnected phone numbers.

Any new news?
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 10:31 pm

Goof grief, how many bands has Chris played drums in, in this town?

Certainly somebody around here knows how to reach our good friend.

Any lead appreciated.

Or feel free to tell him to contact me through my website:
ChrisGrayson [dot] com

Thank you for any info.

cheers
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®