Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Human Eye on Halloween in memphis!
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 10:21 am

Human Eye will be in town halloween night... i think alicja got 'em last-minute-like on the roster for hell on earth right now. but, if a decent venue could be found, that would be QUITE a fantastic halloween show!

their new album is great, psychedelic space destroyage... timmy V & the boys always put on a hell of a show.

stay tuned... any leads, let us know!

also- heather djing at the lamplighter? all right!
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 1:01 pm

That would be fantastic...someone find 'em some digs to play!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:15 pm

heather djing at the lamplighter? all right!

i dont know if miss shirley wants to give up her saturday but chuck is figurin it out this week.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Fantastic!

If absolutely nothing else is available, we could try to make something happen downstairs at the studio.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Sluts, jets, curtains and guacos at Murphy's that night. Might be able to get them a 9 oclock slot.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:44 pm | Edited by: Quinn

so long as they don't bring milk, lentils and squid. Timmy fucking rocks.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm | Edited by: eric o

that's the angel sluts' cd party, and it's free... wouldn't want to get in their way on their night.

so right now, potential options R:

next door to murphys (?) (vaccuum shoppe rock?)
nocturnal (they HAVE to be booked, right? add fetish fashion show = perfect halloween!)
mary\'s lounge (small room)
rocket science downstairs

thoughts, other options?
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:54 pm | Edited by: Quinn

The overton park shell? Ask Benny about the vacuum.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 2:10 pm

Favorite Timmy quote:
"I hava a suitcase!"
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Brad at the bucc told me they still haven't booked anybody for halloween. might want to check that out.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 6:33 pm

can somebody call 'em tonight? i'm working grizz game... buc would be best.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 9:37 pm

What's Mary's Lounge?
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 10:02 pm

hey eric, can't do Vacuum Shoppe cause Benny said that was a one-off, illegal I think, Nocturnal is having DJ's, but the plan right now is they are gonna do Hell On Earth, new posters coming soon, not sure what the time slot is yet, originally they had 12:30, after Tanlines at 11:30, but still this could change. But sure, that can play Mary's, HEMANT AND MARY'S HOUSE !!!

If for some reason this fails my back up plan is the Poplar Lounge.

Also, for TEXAS FANS, they are playing Austin the 29th and very possibly Denton on the 30th. Can anyone help find them a show in El Paso on the 28th?
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 10:55 pm

mary's lounge is stop 242's small room- they've got a pa in there, it's probably too small for a full-on rock explosion like human eye, but it would be great for smaller bands. full bar, out of the way, cool decor...

check it out- it's open like 5-8 most nights, later if there's drinkers.

right now the plan is HELL ON EARTH- they should get some $$$, they'll be on the posters, they'll freak out some unsuspecting victims. we've got a backup plan if we need it... should be all settled by tomorrow.

THANKS JB for the legwork!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 11:16 pm

they'll be on the posters

i've already seen posters up for that show
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 11:26 pm

But sure, that can play Mary's, HEMANT AND MARY'S HOUSE !!!

swweett private parteey!!!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 11:27 pm

mary's lounge is stop 242's small room- they've got a pa in there, it's probably too small for a full-on rock explosion like human eye,

Hey Eric what about the big room off the small room at Stop 345? I wandered back there the other night and that stage seemed huge to me. Figure that room could hold a bunch more peoples than the Buc
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

yeah, it's available. for rent. big room, old LAST PLACE ON EARTH room except the back room at LPOE turned into the Mary's bar.

it's owned by mike todd, who also rents out the Premier Palace and other places around town.

buc would be more manageable.

still assuming Hell On Earth is best bet for now.
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 8:12 am

hell on earth is gonna be a good one this year!

brad @ the bucc asked if somebody would call him to confirm either way.
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 8:36 am

right... today it will come. probably hell on earth it is.
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 10:33 am

But sure, that can play Mary's, HEMANT AND MARY'S HOUSE !!!

swweett private parteey!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... how the hell did this happen?

I'll put up a guarantee at the Buc or anywhere else to avoid dead squid or lentils at my house
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 10:51 am

yeah, Tad's MARY'S PLACE got changed into HEMANT & MARY'S HOUSE pretty quick!

PARTY IS NOT AT HEMANT'S HOUSE.
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 1:26 pm

HUMAN EYE WILL BE AT HELL ON EARTH at Ernestine & Hazel's... RIVER CITY TANLINES, SUBTEENS too... go see 'em!

thanks to the buc for trying to help us out...
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 1:11 pm | Edited by: mister linda

hell on earth is gonna be a good one this year!

What happened, did misty finaly get someone else to book the bands? I got tired of all those people trying to sound like Tav Falco, and stopped going all together.
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 1:28 pm

misty handed me a flyer the other day. it lists Devil train, The Gleaners, Dirty White w/ Skinny Pimp, Grunt, and Whateverdude

....no mention of river city tanlines, subteens, or human eye
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Devil train, The Gleaners, Dirty White w/ Skinny Pimp, Grunt, and Whateverdude

Now that sounds more like the usual, unsufferable, terrible excuse for music I've come to expect from a Misty White line-up.
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 2:56 pm

Dirty White w/ Skinny Pimp

Katherine had no idea she was playing until I showed her the handbill this morning. Her whole collaboration with Skinny Pimp was supposed to be "under wraps".
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 6:56 pm

dude, she kept it on the "Down Low"....

JUST LIKE YOU!

hee haw!!!!

according to alicja the rcts, subteens, and human eye are playing. i surely hope so.
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 11:42 pm

yeah misty was handing out new flyers last night at the hi-tone. maybe someone did step in and say something, "seriously??!! no we gotta change this."
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 11:42 pm

yeah misty was handing out new flyers last night at the hi-tone. maybe someone did step in and say something, "seriously??!! no we gotta change this."
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 11:43 pm

shit my first ever double post!
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 1:53 am

Is there a costume contest?
I will happily sponsor one if not.

Whoever is in charge email me at the magazine.

It's randallATmemphismagazine.com
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 1:53 am

Is there a costume contest?
I will happily sponsor one if not.

Whoever is in charge email me at the magazine.

It's randallATmemphismagazine.com
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 4:21 pm

Misty and Tosha made all new flyers, listing Human Eye and the Tanlines. RCT set for 11 pm, Human Eye 12:00. Not at Hemant and Mary's house.
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 3:14 pm

So when is Hell On Earth.....Halloween night?
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 4:25 pm

so who IS playing at Hemant and MAry's house...or is it just a dinner party.calamari and lentil stew sounds awesome..this is getting pretty confusing...does Mary own Mary's on cleveland? i wonder what is jeff g going to dress up as this year.?
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Brett,
I'm thinking about making a Richard Simmons outfit, because he's scary, but it seems like alot more trouble than it's worth.
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 11:29 pm

Zombie Richard Simmons?
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 4:21 am

i'm confused.

where is human eye playing on halloween?

and are devil train opening?
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 10:31 am

B.C. sweating to the oldies or A.D.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 12:26 pm

hell on earth is the place to see 'em.

as for devil train, i dunno.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 12:57 pm

heather djing at the lamplighter? all right!

i dont know if miss shirley wants to give up her saturday but chuck is figurin it out this week.

record hop at the LL is on for halloween. Miss shirley will be a-bartendin' and I will be playing records along with some friends.
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 5:17 pm

B.C. sweating to the oldies or A.D.

80's Richard right before he came out of the closet, and made that deal-a-meal comercial, and started crying right there on my T.V.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®