Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Funniest Thing Since Khan Getting Clocked...
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 11:41 am

Our little 'tard is getting to big for his britches! Be sure to follow the link to the "Brooklyn Vegan" blog. HEE-HAW!
http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1= 124&csid2=844&fid1=32832
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 11:50 am

8/6/2008
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 11:54 am

8/6/2008
So? Because it's old it's not funny?
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 11:58 am

Nah, just read it already, sorry.
No harm, no foul.
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 12:02 pm

You sure know how to suck the fun out of this board don't you...
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Yep.
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Now I feel bad. I'll still play with you, little buddy. Do you want me to be for or against Jay?
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 12:18 pm

This isn't about for or against, this is about FAME ( i wanna live forever)
There's no such thing as bad press, it doesn't hurt to have a nation of kids telling tales of 55 dollars worth of LSD and underage sluts. Me I'm forgainst it.
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 12:46 pm

yeah, not so timely. a month gone by, nothing new?

come on, the NME digs stuff up on their stars every week!
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 1:37 am

The mans name is JAY REATARD. Maybe those fags missed the "reatard" part, but that pretty much gives him license to do whateverthe fuck he wants to fuckin do.
And that may mean $50 bucks worth of LSD(cheap by any standard) and a guest list the size of all of our cocks put together(which is HUGE by the way) is the way it just has to fuckin be is just the way it's a gonna have to fuckin be. boo fuckin hoo.

Too bad , so sad.

And i mean this in all seriousness cause i'm drunk, and Jay has always been super cool.

JAY RULES!
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 9:06 am

No offence D but signing to Matador isn't "super cool."
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 8:48 am

i dunno, that got a wee bit of chuckle from me, but that's just cos kids up here find out I'm from memphis and are instantly like omg do u know jay reatard and i'm tired of it.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 6:21 pm

"No offence D but signing to Matador isn't "super cool.""

...and your label is? Your latest release (hah) sold how many? Where are your underaged sluts?
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 6:45 pm

I had 2 labels-Primo Scree and Audible Hiss. Monster Magnet-Spine of God sold about a quarter of a million copies. I am not interested in underage sluts. Shangri Lames lose again.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 7:07 pm

I take back the nice things I said about your therapy away from the internets working for the better. You're still a jealous, paranoid asshole/neverwuzbeen, and the meds aren't working for you. Why don't you go get on one of your local blogs like Brooklyn Vegetarians or some new york shit if you're so fucking cool?
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 7:13 pm

I may never reach the heights of record store clerkdom that you have Sperman but I've done all right for myself in the music business.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Grandpa, no one wants to hear about your band from 20 years ago that sold 500 7"s. So, take your narcisstic napoleon complex and share it with your therapy group at the local aa meeting at St. Pat's church or whatever meetings you have been attending. You're a loser and everyone in Memphis hates you--people who don't even know you or have never heard of your shitty doomed to fail jazz label. Your 2 sycophants left this board a year ago.

Leave me to re-stocking the shelves of Smashing Pumpkins cds that allowed your shitty band to release anything.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm

You are one bitter little record store clerk. And your knowledge of music is pretty pathetic. I can see why nobody shops at your crappy store. I'm glad it's eating you up inside. Later, loser.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 7:53 pm

I got a fabulous Coltrane LP there just yesterday, and damned if some cute girls didn't wash my hot rod while I shopped. Didn't see any of your "limited pressings" there. They must have been on the sidewalk in the dollar bin.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 9:46 pm

your band from 20 years ago that sold 500 7"s

I think Man With Gun Lives Here sold more than that the first month it was released!

Thanks Sherman for putting my first record out!

Shrangi-La rules!
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 9:47 pm

And we had broken up 3 years prior at that.

Whoda thunk?!!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 8:52 am

This was what I was looking for. Entertainment. Glad to see things haven't changed.
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 2:19 pm

High five!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 2:47 pm | Edited by: Quinn

Oh no! He's back!
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Lord have mercy!
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 3:02 pm

I guess compared to being on Shangri Lame signing to Matador is "super cool." High five!
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 3:45 pm

worrying about what label somebody's on is the coolest of all!
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh no! He's back!
mother of pearl!
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 6:05 pm

I had 2 labels-Primo Scree and Audible Hiss. Monster Magnet-Spine of God sold about a quarter of a million copies. I am not interested in underage sluts. Shangri Lames lose again.

In case anyone is scratching their heads behind this one, I'll offer some clarification (against my better judgement), and I'll stand on a coffee table, bend over, and arc a fucking rainbow out of my nether regions if Primo Scree was single-handedly responsible for a record that moved that many copies. CAROLINE RECORDS sold the bulk of Spine of God by way of re-press/re-release or P&D, or both, or whichever came first. CAROLINE RECORDS paid for the band's first video and bunked them up with Soundgarden, thus leading them into the open arms of A&M for the superior (to my ears, at least) SuperJudge...a serious flop that almost put a stop to things right then and there. Sure you're not staring at the 30 boxes of Gumball's "Special Kiss" LP your mom keeps threatening to throw out, and imagining them flying out the door of a warehouse ON ONE OF JUPITER'S MOONS? No offense to mister Fleming...I rocked that covers EP just the other day.
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 6:06 pm

"judgment"
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 8:09 pm

superior (to my ears, at least) SuperJudge...

REALLY???
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 10:15 pm

Yes...I liked the major label crapdown. Then again, I heard SuperJudge long before Spine of God...back in the day....
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 8:34 am

Andrew you're an idiot. And of course you didn't even get one point correct in your little "history lesson." Stick to the phoney phone calls. loser.
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Nod Scene, indeed.
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 1:18 pm

NED, WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT CALLING ME A "LOSER"?!?!?! AND MY PHONE CALLS ARE REAL!!!!! YOU'VE REALLY PUNCHED MY TICKET THIS TIME!!!!! YOU WILL SHOW ME THE RESPECT I DESERVE!!!! I THOUGHT THAT I COULD SHOW RESTRAINT WITH EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS, BUT THIS ONE WENT TOO FAR!!! I HOPE YOU PACKED A LUNCH, GLADYS, CUZ YOU'RE ON MY LIST NOW!!!!
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 4:28 pm

WOAH! I'm awake, what?!?!?
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 5:13 pm

The Jerky Boys called. They want their act back.
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 6:15 pm

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! THAT'S IT, RUBBER DICK!!!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT A JERKY BOYS COMPARISON DOES TO ME!!!! I'M GOING TO CUT MYSELF NOW!!! YOU'VE FOUND MY WEAK LINK!!!!! YOU'RE A SHIFTY, LOADED WEAPON, NED!!!! I'M LOWER THAN A CRIPPLED, STRAY DOG!!! I FEEL LIKE I DON'T HAVE A MOM, I FEEL LIKE A SEAGULL SHAT ME ONTO A ROCK!!!! THANKS A LOT, NED!!!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:37 am

Like it or not this Jay Reatard guy has people talkin! Who is Andy Earles though?
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:52 am

Nobody.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:54 pm

NEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Future Matador cut-out artist?
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Straight from the cut-out king's mouth!
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 4:44 pm

It's so cool to hate people/things/places. What's a cut-out artist? Didn't Burroughs invent that?
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Ned,

I just sat in my running car for 15 minutes...before I opened the garage door. Will you please stop calling me names?

-Andrew "Jerky Boy" Earles
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®