Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / New Donahue Article.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 1:37 am

http://www.gomemphis.com/news/2008/oct/01/listen-rebearth/

Graham was impressed with Verhuiding’s Les Paul guitar. “Soon as you hear a power chord on it, you can’t help but want to do rock-and-roll music.”

... but there are songs these days that don’t even have a guitar solo in them, which is unfathomable to me.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 1:41 am

So many great lines here. Thanks.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 9:06 am

Beckley’s observations about fighting in Iraq. “It was like one life-size video game,” Beckley said. “In video games you got your little gun and you point and shoot. That’s how I looked at it. The reason I wasn’t scared was in the back of my mind I always thought, ‘There’s a re-set button. If I go down, I just re-set it.’”

You gotta love dudes Corey Feldman hat too.
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 10:17 am

But are they better than Tora Tora? I think not!
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 11:27 pm

I love the little details the video captures.
There's nothing more rock and roll than a wallpaper border in the breakfast nook.
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 9:16 am

still love Billy in Donahue's Barbara's piece

"Devour the Jungle Deer" was recorded on a cheap tape recorder. "I think it was about how scared I felt all the time in high school," said Hayes, who writes most of their lyrics. "I still feel really scared all the time. Most of my songs are about fear of ghosts and fear of paranormal aliens. I'm scared of dogs. I'm scared of werewolves. I'm scared of Frankenstein."
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 11:35 am

I'M SCARED OF ALL THE MONSTERS IN THE BARBARAS!!!!!!!!!
SONGS WITHOUT GUITAR SOLOS ARE STILL SONGS; THEY ARE JUST NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS THEY COULD BE!!!
RENIMATED BARBARAS FOR HALLOWEEN -- REBEARTH + BARBARS = THE REBEARBARAS!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®