Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / King Khan vs. Mastodumb
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 4:35 pm

King Khan socked in the mouth

Mastodon guitarist Brent Hinds allegedly got himself into another altercation last night (September 18), this time with garage guru Arish "King" Khan. According to multiple sources, including a report by Chad Radford for Creative Loafing Atlanta's Crib Notes blog, Hinds punched Khan in the face, sending him to the hospital, after an appearance in Atlanta at the Highland Inn Lounge's weekly Kirkwood Ballers Club open mic.

Khan played the gig to support his friend and Atlanta scene fixture BJ Womack. Kristin Klein, King Khan's manager, told us that Womack was "just diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, so Arish came into Atlanta from Berlin...to see [Womack], because it could be the last time he sees our friend." Frank Jensen-- Womack's "best friend of, like, 25 years [and] the drummer for [Chicago bands] the Tyrades and the Busy Signals"-- also flew into Atlanta to play the gig with Khan and Womack.

According to Klein, the trio (plus drummer Jessica Juggz) played a few songs, including a cover of Them's "Gloria", before Hinds, who was in attendance, spontaneously joined them on guitar. "Brent was fucking around with Arish's guitar," says Klein. "Arish dumped a beer on Brent's head, and then after the show was over, Arish went outside and was like, 'Hey man, sorry about the beer. Let me buy you a drink.' And Brent said, 'Do you know who I am?' And Arish said, 'No, not really. Kind of. I don't know.' And Brent said, 'I'm the greatest guitar player alive.' And Arish said, 'Well okay man, but this is all about our friend BJ, you know?' And he went to walk away and he got sucker punched. Split his lip open."

Klein took Arish to the Atlanta Medical Center, where Khan "ended up getting three stitches in his lip."
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 4:52 pm

sucky. khan don't deserve that... mastodon dude should check himself.

but... 3 stitches?
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 5:02 pm

From wiki:
On June 12, 2007 Brent and Bill won Metal Hammer Golden Gods award for best shredders

And Brent said, 'I'm the greatest guitar player alive.'
I highly doubt this.
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 5:40 pm

And Brent said, 'I'm the greatest guitar player alive.'
I highly doubt this.

that he said it, or that he is?
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 5:53 pm

That he said it.

I think there's probably a lot more to it.
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Isn't this the same guy who got beat up in vegas by the System of A Down guys for poppin them with a wet towl in the parking lot or somethin?
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:00 pm

He got beat up by Syndrome of a Down, weak.

Mastodon has sucked for years now anyways.
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:04 pm

I was DJing at a club down the road and saw Brent briefly, he looked pretty toasted and the door man wasn't allowing him into the bar.

Hated that I had to miss the Highland Inn thing, hate even more that this dumb shit had to happen. Brent's a good guy, unfortunately this scenario has been played out with him just about the same way several times over the years.

I'm sure if the greatest guitar player thing was said it was said in jest. He really doesn't have a big head.
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Why is this in the Memphis board?
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Why is this in the Memphis board?

cuz this is where the illumanati hold court to discuss these things and what action should be taken upon the metal scene. mastodon dude will prolly "disappear" soon and his name never to be uttered again...
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Nothing to see here. Move along, people.

Please purchace some cigarettes.
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 5:44 pm

he's on a plane to San Francisco where he's gonna be playing with a reunited Gris Gris at Urban Outfitters on Saturday

GROSS!
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 8:27 am

GROSS!: Urban Outfitters

someone fly brent out to SF to punch him again!
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 2:09 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Khan can take of himself -- he's prob had lots worse -- and it sucks that fucking douchebag did that -- although it really RULES that he did cause it proves that he's a fucking idiot douchebag and ALL the milllions of mastadon fans should sell their stupid fucking records and send the money to BOBBY FUCKING UBANGI -- the REAL fucking hero of this story.

Womack was "just diagnosed with terminal brain cancer,

:-(
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 8:26 pm

My sentiments exactly Whiskey. Thank you.

Right now I'm ashamed to be friends with Hinds and devastated by the news of Womack.
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey, go back to your respective city forums!
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 9:15 pm

This is worthless without a youtube link.

Even though their recent records suck, Mastodon is the shit. Gutter punks need to learn how to fight better. the hessians win every fucking time, it seems.
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 9:50 pm | Edited by: Janderass

Make me Beaux-Beaux!

Goner Mobile crams it all together anyway, that's how I ended up in here.

Like I care what happens in Memphis!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®