Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / RIP Ray Robinson Jr
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 2:24 pm

RAYMOND O. ROBINSON, JR., 47, of Memphis, son of Desiree Robinson and the late Raymond O. Robinson, SR., co-owner of Cozy Corner Bar-B-Que Restarunt, alumnus of Northside High School, attended Austin Peay State University and Devry Institue, member of New Azusa Ministries and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, died on Saturday September 13, 2008 at his residence. The following services will be held at Peace Baptist Church 1537 Tayner Street. Visitiation - Friday, September 19, 2008 from 6-8 pm. He will lie in state on Saturday, September 20, 2008 from 10-10:55 am with Funeral Ceremony at 11 am. pastor Nathaniel Cooper, Sr. officiating. Interment - Historic Elmwood Cemetery 824 So. Dudley St. He leaves to cherish his memory, his son, Shun L. Williams; his sister, Leota NeVal Bradley; grandmother, NeVal Jackson, all of Memphis and a host of nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and other relatives and friends. Harrison’s Funeral Home, Inc. www.harrisonsfuneralhome.com 901-452-7331
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 2:44 pm

RIP
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Wow--47. RIP.
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 3:11 pm

RIP
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 3:43 pm

RIP
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Damn...that sucks man. Been seeing Jr. up in there since my dad started taking me there as a kid about 25+ years ago.
Posted: Sep 16, 2008 5:17 pm

RIP
too young to die.
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 1:52 pm

nice write up in the paper today.

sad.
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 8:16 pm

"Ray-Ray" is how I knew him.

That sucks- same age I lost my brother at.

I swear, mid-forties is a scary time for dudes.

Johnny Singer, Bobby Bowie- the same.
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 10:17 pm

yeah, sad. RIP.

Long live Cozy Corner & the Robinson's legacy.
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Too sad. He was a wonderful young man.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:14 am

That is too sad. RIP.
Johnny Singer
You're right. Was also 47.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 7:30 am

Johnny Singer

What I wouldn't give to trasport back to the Well for one night of Night Shift...what a band.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 9:50 am

You and me, Golightly...you and me.
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:18 am

Yikes! That's sad... did Ray-Ray have a really distinctive laff? I remember being in the Cozy with Tad Pierson years ago, when he said (knowing I looooves hot food) that I should ax the lady owner if I could buy some of the 'super special' sauce from the kitchen. Cue much teeth sucking, comments of "sure you can handle it?" and laughing from the counter staff! I decanted the go-cup of sauce into a mason jar and took it hand luggage thru Chicago airport, where they spotted it going thru security, undid the jar to take a whiff, and then swabbed my engineer boots fer explosives!

Mebbe it was the new, longer opening hours that did for Ray-Ray... RIP (with a Cornish hen)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®