Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Heritage fest 2008 this weekend!!!!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 9:55 pm

it's fee as always, Tanlines play the Gayoso stage saturday 6:30

http://www.southernfolklore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view &id=76&Itemid=91
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Harlan's playing in the Folklore store.
And I get to mix Bobby Rush again on the main stage...fuckin' nice.

Lots of other good stuff too. Come on down!

Oh...it's free!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:41 pm

is it bobby solo? or bobby w/dancers.

big (ha) differnce!
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 11:43 pm

holy shit. already?
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 1:39 am

It's Bobby with a full band so I'd bet the ladies'll be with him too.
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 8:12 am

Eddie Bond on Sunday! The REAL Roadhog Moran!
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Jump Back Jake Sunday at 6:30 at Trolly Stop Stage
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 2:49 am | Edited by: BullyRook

Harlan's playing in the Folklore store.

REVIEW:

Fans of Harlan T. Bobo were divided into two camps Saturday night at the Southern Folklore Music Fest: those who could get into the Gift Shop and those who were turned away. While at least 3 of the 4 stages were at less than capacity during the 9 o'clock hour, the Gift Shop was packed asses to elbows with what looked to be about two hundred or more people. I imagine he played all of Too Much Love or all of I'm Your Man. Hell, he might of even played exclusively new material. Maybe on stilts. I wouldn't know. I was scratching on the front window wondering who the hell at the Center for Southern Folklore plans this cluster fuck. Turns out Mr. Bobo is pretty damn popular in Memphis. Who knew?
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 4:31 pm

Our long time friend told me they were mainly middle-aged women that think they could possibly be the one to "change him".

miss don
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 5:21 pm

I was scratching on the front window wondering who the hell at the Center for Southern Folklore plans this cluster

You should have walked through the connecting building and watched him from the side of the stage. There were about ten of us total back there and we all had tables. Missed the crowds. It was nice.

Our long time friend told me they were mainly middle-aged women that think they could possibly be the one to "change him".

Considering he has gone to france to get married, i doubt that is going to happen.
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 6:52 pm

Hope no one got hit by a trolley running through the crowd! What happened to this former jewel of a fest from the early '90s? Went from being a laid-back, world class regional music fest on the court square lawn with great food, decent arts & crafts, and great undiscovered musical act gems to an overlapping loud, poorly laid out clusterfuck with same acts every year for the last 10 years. Only fest I've ever been where you have to move every 15 minutes cuz a trolley is driving through the music. The food doesn't even come close to what it was 15 years ago either. Gets worse every year. I think I'll start riding my bike out to Shelby Farms from now on for Delta Fair. Thank god alicja, harlan, & a few other of the mid-town bands got booked; otherwise, there would be no reason to go...except to get panhandled.
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 7:28 am

I agree 100% Sherman. Terrible location to have a music festival.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®