Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / aug.15th @ Murphy's-unstoppable juggernaut-noise choir-faintly red mollies
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 11:23 pm

be there
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:12 am

Don't you have to be unstoppable to be a juggernaut? Isn't that the minimum requirement? I mean...there's no such thing as a stoppable juggernaut. If you're stoppable...then you're not a juggernaut, right?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:44 am

come find out for yourself.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:00 am

I'm not sayin' anything about the band. I don't even know who's in it. I'm just sayin' "unstoppable juggernaut" is a little redundant.

Just sayin'.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:14 am

they're a two piece. the red mollies are a two piece. we're sandwiched between two pieces. and, coincidentally, i'll be wearing a two piece.

note: these two piece bands are not blues-rock based affairs ala white stripes, and... what's that other one called? one of the black somethings...
keys. that's it.

are there more two piece blues/punk/rock bands or more "The Black insert nouns here" bands? how many fall into both categories?
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:29 am

Not playing, but Fancy Nuts is a two piece.
The drummer plays with two sticks.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:40 am

and on this day, some year, something happened at the two stick in oxford, MS
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 10:59 am

Dear Penthouse Forum,
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

Webster's 10th Edition Collegiate Dictionary says a juggernaut is "a massive, inexorable force, campaign, movement or object that crushes everything in its path." So "unstoppable" does seem to be redundant. However, "juggernaut" is also British slang for a very large truck, so if the band's name refers to a lorry, then "unstoppable" is probably OK. If they're worried about the grammatical ambiguity, they could just change their name to "Big Ass Truck".

Interestingly, the word "juggernaut" is derived from the Hindi name of one of the avatars of Krishna. It literally means "master of the world". There is an annual festival in which an idol of Krishna rides on a huge wagon, which is apparently where the modern English sense of the word comes from.

It's one of my favorite band names ever, BTW.
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

Bruce, I swear to God, if you jinx us into a post by him, I'll sock your fuckin' nose.
Posted: Aug 15, 2008 8:48 am

tonite.
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 11:37 am

duh the unstoppable juggernaut was an x-men villian omg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3233/juggernaut2ov1.jpg
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 12:56 pm

duh the unstoppable juggernaut was an x-men villian omg

His name is just Juggernaut. He was in the last movie.
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 3:26 am

but the issue he appeared in was titled the Unstoppable juggernaut
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 10:53 am

Well, Stan Lee's not to bright either.
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 3:58 pm

scott, you should 'em check to see whether or not their name is a perfect fit.
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 9:57 pm

TOO bright. I said Stan Lee's not Too bright either...cause I'm so bright. You on the other hand, JB, have gone TOO far.
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 6:53 pm

So...how was the show? Unstoppable jugger-whatever set- please share
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am

UJ were loud as fuck. And aptly named, since it seemed to be a non-stop assault of proggy rawk. Honestly not sure if the applause at the end of their set was in appreciation of the music or thanks for stopping.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 6:54 pm

killer drumz!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®