Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / willie willie willie
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 2:55 pm

has anyone heard of anything going on with our ol' buddy willie herenton today?

i'm hearing from several different people that his number with the FBI may be coming up, or has already come up, today?
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 3:25 pm

heard some rumors...
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 3:30 pm

COME ON, SPILL IT!
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 3:43 pm

meant to say "heard the same rumors"
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 3:52 pm

people have been calling the newsroom all day with this rumor
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:03 pm

I wish his number with the FBI was .308fmj.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:06 pm

...meaning he's (allegedly) being "interviewed" by the FBI or he's being indicted? Or the FBI is calling him up to talk about the Sex in the City movie?
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:12 pm

...meaning he's (allegedly) being "interviewed" by the FBI or he's being indicted?

One of these.

The phones at the mayor's office aren't being answered and nobody can find him.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:13 pm

i would think that if anything were really going on today, it would have happened by now....damn, damn, damn.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:14 pm

either that, or willie's floated the rumor himself just to watch everyone scramble.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:20 pm

The rumor came into the Flyer this morning from an "employee at the courthouse" who said he saw the mayor in handcuffs. I'm sure the same guy called all the media. No substance yet.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:25 pm

I found the answer here.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:51 pm

Unfortunately, I beleive it might only be part of the MDA Lock Up, which happened today in Memphis. Actual cops come and take community and business leaders away in handcuffs and they have to have raised x number of dollars to go free.

False alarm.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:54 pm

mayor will be on the radio (wdia 1070 AM I believe) to address the rumor, which started on the radio.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 4:58 pm

I, for one, am outraged at the misuse of our public servants time (and our tax dollars that pay their salaries) for flashy pagaentry disguised as a "good cause".
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 9:16 pm

i am also always upset that firemen are begging in the streets with their boots "for a good cause."
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®