Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / J.O.B.S. and D.A.W.G.S.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 7:19 pm

Me and Jeff GuNN and everybody else need better jobs. Anybody know of any good computer tech support style jobs? I have experience out the wazoo! This is not a joke, Jeff needs some leads too! Also, I rescued a dog. Let me know if anyone can give a pup some much needed love and shelter.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 7:29 pm

what kinda dog?? big, small, what??
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 7:54 pm

I need a job.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 8:08 pm

Don't know about "good" but ServiceMaster sometimes has openings like this.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 8:23 pm

i need a job too....
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 8:54 pm

i think Huey's midtown MAY be hiring food runners. my friend Sarah just started there just part time. extra cash. . .

i know two chicks just quoted a bunch of new houses but i don't know if that means we are hiring. i do not suggest doing it full time however. not if you can help it.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:13 pm

at&t is usually always hiring. but you can't get a job there if you owe them or cingular money apparently. i still owe cingular some money from a bill a long time ago and i got shut down. oh well.

also, yeah, usually servicemaster is hiring and hilton has some sort of computer center too if you don't mind doing that kinda crap.

i'm waiting to hear back on a couple of good things i got going for myself, but they're related to my degree, so they probably wouldn't help ya out unless you have a history degree you're not tellin anyone about.
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:58 pm

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 10:15 pm

what? if you owes 'em money, they should be able to dock your pay!

doesn't anyone believe in servitude any more?
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 10:27 pm

is the at and t job the deaf people phone call job?? man i still think about that from time to time.
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 1:21 am | Edited by: Karl

at&t
Wouldn't hire me. Don't owe them a thing, think I'm "overqualified."
servicemaster
Search their jobs regularly, pickings have been slim.
Most companies seem to be on hiring freezes or at least that's what I hear from everybody who's been trying to help me from the inside.
so they probably wouldn't help ya out unless you have a history degree you're not telling anyone about
I do, I do! Undergrad only though.
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 12:02 pm

Servicemaster was odd. I went there for an interview, did all the computer tests (word, outlook, excel) and got into the interview. All of the ever present religious stuff really began to get to me, so I told them that it wasn't for me and rolled. It may have been a bad move professionally, but I would have gotten myself fired within a month for blasphemy I am sure.

Check out Mimeo.com. I used to work there and they normally have some openings. It may not be the ideal situation you are looking for (print industry) but they pay well and it is a pretty casual environment.
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 12:40 pm

I do, I do! Undergrad only though.

pink palace is lookin for a curator of history and it requires only a bachelor's. gotta do a lot of research/writing cuz you gotta do these 250 words or less write ups on memphis history. (they're wanting to create over 200 more of them.) it's part time too. the other job (teaching at a private school) required a bit more and the position is "closed" while they're discussing candidates and getting rec letters in (and i'm still *in* thus far.)

the at&t thing i am just guessing as far as owing money. cuz i still owe cingular around 100 dollars once i killed my contract with them and paid them only what i had. i'm probably overqualified too cuz i have a degree and five thousand tons of experience.

i've been searching a lot on craigslist. i got a temp job for a month and i got 3 job interviews out of it. i've managed to grab up a few temp jobs to tide me through the summer.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®