Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Tony Joe White with Tyler Keith and The Apostles Friday July 11th
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 4:02 pm

Friday July 11th
Tony Joe White with Tyler Keith and The Apostles
9pm doors
$15
Tickets available here -
http://www.hitone.musictoday.com/HiTone/calendar.aspx
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 4:03 pm

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 7:01 pm

y'all have to stop booking shows i want to see on days i can't make it
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 8:04 pm

y'all have to stop booking shows i want to see on days i can't make it

Tell me about it.
The Everyday Parade is playing the same night at Neil's...I booked it when TJW was going to be at Hitone at the end of May.

Oh well...it's only 5 bucks for the Everyday Parade show
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 4:11 pm

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 5:21 pm

right after Suzi Hendrix Art Show at Goner!
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Review please!
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 7:06 pm

FUXK
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 7:24 pm

^^ having stayed logged in overnight on the Hi-Tone cpu, that's the least thing I'd have expected.

The show was downright badass. Tyler & co. were awesome, and TJW brought a great band.

But can someone PLEASE tell me what the fuck would make someone want to use a fake snare with a damn Glen Fry Miami-Vice sample? That shit almost killed me.
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 8:41 pm

I can't believe Tyler has gone Miami Vice! Dang!
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 8:53 pm

did he have the three day stubble?
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 2:21 am

pastel blue sport shirt???
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 9:10 am

Unfortunately, it was Tony Joe...with his son on keyboards. Apparently he talked his paw into tryin' some new sounds. That includes some disco beats, super low hip-hopish bass keyboard, and the above mentioned Miami Vice snare drum trigger. It was quite disheartening. Tony Joe himself sounded great, his guitar sounded great, but he really seemed to be injoying the new sounds. Quite a shame.
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 12:46 pm

It wasn't what i expected but it certainly was no shame. i liked the keyboard sounds. Seemed that they were a little loose, and still trying to figure the whole thing out, but it's much better than seeing some old geezer trying to do a perfect rehash of something he's already done for forty years.
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 1:57 pm

that wasn't Jody on keyboards, FYI, though he was there!
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 11:28 pm

I am gonna see him in Birmingham Thursday!
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 12:15 am

GODDMAMN everyone is a critic. this show was fuckin bad ass and if you didn't like it, then WALK THE FUCK OUT FUCKERS?!!!!!! doubt you paid a cover charge anyway ass holes. jeez louizzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

so sick of smartass analysis.
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 9:00 am

i think joel's the soundman. i don't think he paid, but i doubt he could really leave, either.
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 9:30 am

And if you're talkin' to me, go fuck yourself. I love Tony Joe. I've seen him before and he was awesome. He's tryin' something different now, and I don't care for it. I have every right to not care for it and say so.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 9:37 am

i'm not really talkin to anyone person per say, especially not joel, so there's no need to tell me to go "fuck myself" scott. i just had read this after reading all the other criticisms on the message board and was feeling a little fed up. as for you, it seems you NEVER like ANYTHING without some type of cricism but yeah, you're entitled to it. i never said you weren't. you apparently didn't even know who was on stage with tony joe so actually, your opinion was uneducated. i'm sure YOU did pay and YOU could have walked out. but as for telling me to go fuck myself, grow up and learn how to talk to and argue with girls with some dignity. it's not like we don't know each other.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 1:02 pm | Edited by: Scott

\'m not really talkin to anyone person per say,

Well, so far Joel and I are the only ones on THIS thread to criticize the show, and I knew you aren't talking to Joel.

you NEVER like ANYTHING without some type of cricism
it's not like we don't know each other.

I'd be willing to bet you don't know me at all.

you apparently didn't even know who was on stage with tony joe

I knew that Tony Joe's "new direction" was pretty much his son's idea. It was a pretty reasonable assumption that he was on stage making it happen live. I will admit, however, that I wouldn't know Tony Joe White's son if he walked up and bit me in the ass.

as for telling me to go fuck myself, grow up

Go fuck yourself.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 1:30 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

you two crazy kids stop flirtin'
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 2:17 pm

this is tiring. bye bye
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 2:40 pm

All I criticized were fake drums. I'd do it again if I thought it would matter.

I'd pay a cover charge for once if I could see someone try to bite Scott in the ass. I'd make the whole episode deafeningly loud for free.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 2:48 pm

I'd pay a cover charge for once if I could see someone try to bite Scott in the ass. I'd make the whole episode deafeningly loud for free.

Sounds like a webisode of $5 cover!
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 3:28 pm

actually i think this thread (and maybe this entire message board) is a fabrication by craig brewer for $5 cover. viral marketing.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®