Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / NBA draft time.....
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 6:36 pm

TIGERS REPRESENT!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Gay Love for the Griz. . .
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 7:08 pm

Grizzlies take Kevin Love?

We now officially have more wiggers than the rest of the NBA teams combined.

Yeah.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 7:19 pm

I turned it off after having to hear them kiss Russell Westbrook's UCLA ass.

GO Derrick!!!

And don't the Grizz management know they are NOT gonna convert any Tiger fans to Grizz fans by getting KEVIN LOVE?!?!?! Hated in the nation.

Just move em as far as I am concerned. Or someone who knows how to market a team get in charge.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Man, Derrick Rose looked like he was gonna shit a brick until they announced he was going to the Bulls. Then he started glowing and smiled so, so hard. How cute! And he looks just like his momma!!
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Man, Derrick Rose looked like he was gonna shit a brick until they announced he was going to the Bulls. Then he started glowing and smiled so, so hard. How cute! And he looks just like his momma!!

I just turned it on. I am so sorry I missed that! I'm so happy for Rose!

John swears the Griz are going to take Joey in the next round.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Calipari's there to hug him!
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:26 pm

i saw cal in the background while they were showing the lopez twins or some other d-bags. so exciting.

they're at 20 and CDR still hasn't gone. mama worries.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:30 pm

they're at 20 and CDR still hasn't gone. mama worries.

He'll be one of the next two.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:32 pm

i dunno... i know he's the best guard left but there are some surprisingly good players dropping down further than they were expected to.

did anyone else see brook lopez crying like a baby at around the 9th pick? HILARIOUS
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:35 pm

BUT, I love seeing Darrell Arthur's cheatin' ass sitting there sweating like a pig as he keeps dropping further... and further....
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:37 pm

I'm sticking around for the whole thing to see where Dorsey ends up
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:43 pm | Edited by: jerryd

He'll be one of the next two.

or not...

hhhmmmmm???
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:45 pm

i am thinking dorsey might not get picked at all in this round.

BUT

maybe CDR will drop down to 28th.

BUT

the grizz don't really need him, and probably won't pick him despite the built-in nine trillion season tickets they'll sell with him on the roster.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 9:43 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Man...still no CDR???????
What the heck is wrong with these people?
I feel bad for him.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 9:46 pm

JOEY JUST WENT TO PORTLAND. #33
But before CDR??????
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm

I just turned it back on RIGHT when he was selected! I love that he is going to the Blazers; love them. Nate McMillan is great.

And what? No CDR?
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 10:06 pm

CDR #40 to New Jersey.
Inexplicable.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 10:06 pm

Jay Z's Nets!!!!

GO CDR!
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 10:08 pm

Yeah. They just had a nice interview on with Coach Cal about him.
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 10:10 pm

We now officially have more wiggers than the rest of the NBA teams combined

Can we get J-Will back?
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 10:13 pm

No guaranteed contract for CDR...man, I wish he woulda stayed! But I am sure no one thought he would go #40, round 2. I wonder what happened during the workouts?
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 11:20 pm

Apparently CDR was very disappointing in the workouts, but remember, some big schools -- esp. ones from his backyard like Michigan State -- passed on him after high school, and we were lucky enough to have him show what he can really do when given the opportunity. Maybe his game just doesn't translate well in the controlled workout environment. He's just a gamer. We all saw what he did to the Number 5 pick in the Final 4 ...
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 12:25 am

We now officially have more wiggers than the rest of the NBA teams combined

is OJ Mayo black enough for you?

To Memphis:
Mayo
Marko Jaric
Pillsbury Doughboy
Greg Buckner

To Minny:
Kevin love
Mike Miller
Brian Cardnil
Jason COllins
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 3:01 am

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 3:01 am | Edited by: robin

Damn, instead of Gay Love we get Gay Mayo.

What about this Darrell Arthur trade? I shudder at the thought. Cos I hate cheaters.

I can't believe I sat all the way through the draft to see CDR and Joey go in the second round, and Joey before CDR. I am shocked, shocked, shocked. I am gonna go watch CDR play a few times once the Nets move to Brooklyn (HOV!) and am excited about that, but I feel bad for him. He got ripped off.

Joey is gonna fit in really well with the Rockets. With Ming out they've got this big gap and need a big man in there bangin' around. He's gonna be takin' dudes down left and right.

Anybody else thinkin' CDR is wishing he had stayed around another year?

And if the Grizz get rid of Mike Miller, they are fools.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 3:24 am

Memphis trades:

SG Mike Miller ($9M)
SF Brian Cardinal ($6.3M)
PF Jason Collins ($6.2)
PF Kevin Love (UCLA)
SF Donte Greene (Syracuse)

and gets:

Antoine Walker ($9.3M)
SG Greg Buckner ($3.8M)
SG Marko Jaric ($6.5)
SG OJ Mayo (USC)
PF Darrell Arthur (Kansas)

Soooooooooooooooooo glad we finally dumped Cardinal's inflated contract. THANKS LOGO!
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 7:51 am

Damn....shit went down while I was sleep!! Antoine Walker, damn that dudes still in the league?? Very, very sorry to see Mike Miller leave. He had a great season last year and was one of the only bright spots for the Grizz. Dont know Greg Buckner or Mako Jaric. The kid from Kansas has some promise and they say Mayo could be a star...but the Tigers sure did shut his punk ass down last year. Not reeeeal sure about this trad, but at least we got rid of Kevin "Color Me Baad" love. CDR shoulda stuck around man. Shoulda, coulda, woulda!
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 10:14 am

I am sure he is excited, but yeah. I bet he is and I bet Calapari feels a bit shitty. I am sure he encouraged him to leave, but hey, I would have too. Who woulda thunk it? We easily relied on CDR equally if not more so throughout the year. We were all still bitching about Rose in January!
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 10:27 am

but the Tigers sure did shut his punk ass down last year.

Go back and watch the tape, Colin. Mayo singlehandedly kept USC in that game, and Rose couldn't get by him - in fact, OJ was about the only guy all year who got in Rose's head... I don't know if Mayo becomes a star, but he'll be one of the best perimeter defense guys in the league, and lawd the Grizz need that...

An added benefit to this trade: Jaric's fiance, Adrianna Lima! Yowza...
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:15 am

I am sure he is excited, but yeah. I bet he is and I bet Calapari feels a bit shitty. I am sure he encouraged him to leave, but hey, I would have too. Who woulda thunk it?

CDR is totally the steal of the entire draft...he's going to be the one that teams look back a couple of years ago and say "damn - WHY didn't we get him?" like someone else said, no one wanted him from high school, either, and that put a chip on his shoulder. Looks like deja vu all over again!

I wish he had stayed too, but i'm being selfish. Yeah, he would have gone higher in next year's draft, but if he had gotten hurt his senior year, it would all be over.

I just hate that Joey's gonna be clear across the country! He needs to buy his momma a house in Memphis so he has a true home base here.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:18 am

I hate basketballs.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:20 am

I just hate that Joey's gonna be clear across the country!

I think Joey's going to Houston now.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:24 am

Now all we need is a new Spaniard...
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:34 am

Now all we need is a new Spaniard...

Wonder if the Lakers are thinking that also.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:56 am

Yeah, Joey's gonna be a Rocket now. WHICH MEANS he'll be playing in Memphis lots. Sweet!

CDR is totally the steal of the entire draft...he's going to be the one that teams look back a couple of years ago and say "damn - WHY didn't we get him?"

I agree with this, but it's still sad in the now. He's gonna have to wait a little longer to buy his mama a nice house and a new car. I bet he woke up this morning feeling pretty miserable.

But his ass is partially owned by Jay-Z now, which is pretty cool.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 2:17 pm

What the fuck was Chicago thinking taking Sonny fucking Weems over CDR @ #39??? They coulda had Rose and CDR!

Although I hate to see Miller go, I think getting Mayo and Arthur is well worth giving up Miller, Green, and that overrated Beach Boy that got punked out by the Tigers.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 2:44 pm

Mike Freeman (I Think) from CBSSportsline.com has made the statement that the standout player from this Rookie class is going to be CDR.

I think he may just put the whole NBA on notice like he did the NCAA when he came to memphis. I wish for the best for him.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 3:14 pm

and that overrated Beach Boy that got punked out by the Tigers.

I will never, ever forget that CDR dunk over him when Joey pointed and laughed when he was on his butt. Maybe not so sportsmanlike, but funny as hell and pretty much one of my top five Tiger highlights ever!
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 4:50 pm

I know this is the total stereotypical girl thing to say, but I do not want to have to root for Darrell Arthur after that whole cheating thing came out. I don't know if it's in me; I don't know if I have the emotional capacity for it. I have a funny feeling I'm not the only one, either.

So we get OJ Mayo the sleazeball, and Darrell Arthur the high school cheater. Awesome.

ETHICS. We has them.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 5:53 pm

I am so glad I don't care about the Grizz.

I will go see some games, just so I can see other teams I like in the league. I just don't see myself bandwagoning on just because I live here again. But I never thought I'd make excuses for the Blazers in their darkest depths of despair either and I did cos I had fallen in love with Rasheed Wallace and Arvydas Sabonis so go figure.
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 12:04 pm

If you like ex-Tigers and ex-Grizzlies, the teams to go see when they come to town next fall are:

Houston - Joey Dorsey and Shane Battier
NJ Nets - CDR and Stromile Swift (if he lasts that long)
Chicago - Derrick Rose and Drew Gooden

I wanna see Joey and Yao Ming bond and became best pals!
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 12:33 pm

I will not miss the Nets, Houston and Chicago games!!! Not to mention the Pistons and maybe the Blazers too.
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 4:04 pm

In addition to the teams above:

Philly Sixers - Rodney Carney
Indy Pacers - Shawne Williams (maybe for not much longer?)
Atlanta Hawks - Lorenzen Wright
Miami Heat - Earl Barron
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Lorenzen Wright is still playing in the NBA??!
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 8:46 pm | Edited by: robin

I saw Rodney Carney play a kickass game with the Sixers last year. He's definitely steadily improving his game. He started a few, too.

Still wears his socks up high.
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Actually, Lorenzen got traded from Atlanta to Sacramento back in February.
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 12:38 am

You're right, he did.
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 12:08 pm

I will never, ever forget that CDR dunk over him when Joey pointed and laughed when he was on his butt.

best. dunk. ever.

i saw a clip of Joey's interviews with the Houston media...his happiness & smile is contagious. you can just tell he's so happy to have finally "made it."

oh, and he told the media, "don't be mad at me for how we whooped up on the longhorns." good stuff!
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 12:43 pm

i saw a clip of Joey's interviews with the Houston media...his happiness & smile is contagious.

Do you have a link?
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 1:18 pm | Edited by: tigergreen

here you go...i seriously think i have a problem. i'm borderline obsessed over this boy.

and here's the part of the actual press conference with the houston coaching staff that features joey:

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®