Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Eclectic Eye
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 9:57 am | Edited by: dirtywhite

When we came up from Katrina, I had a rare eye fungus. I went to the ophthalmologist twice and kept getting diagnosed with pink-eye. I didn't think it was pink eye, and it wasn't going away, so I went to Eclectic Eye for a second opinion. Dr. Weinberg saw immediately that it was not pink eye, and he was booked me an immediate appt. with another ophthalmologist.
That summer/fall, a lot of people lost their vision or their actual eyes to what I had.
I have always meant to post something about Eclectic Eye on here, because I think they are a great Memphis business, and Dr. Weinberg was instrumental in saving my sight.
They have some really nice frames if you want some fancy high end glasses, and the exams and are reasonable, and totally thorough.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 10:08 am

but I bet their coffee sucks.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 10:10 am

They have some really nice frames if you want some fancy high end glasses,

They ARE very nice but I could not believe how expensive they were...I almost passed out...had to go another route
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 10:30 am

but I bet their coffee sucks.
If that haint up at otherlands had noticed a destructive fungus in my eye when she was insulting my dog, I would be up on that deck right now with all the other losers.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 11:12 am | Edited by: tigergreen

dr. weinberg is awesome...he's a neighbor of mine, so i went to him to see if i could FINALLY be happy with an eye doctor.

he caught a complete mis-diagnosis of my astigmatism, and i'm now able to wear my glasses like i should without the headaches.

i'm with you on the frames, though....NOT cheap. i wound up lucking into a pair that were on sale.

he & his wife are both central high grads, & do a lot of events that benefit local non-profits, etc.

hell, even their kids' lemonade & blow pop stand at our neighborhood yard sale saturday benefitted a group!
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 1:07 pm

I'd like to give a shout out to Dr. Carrie at Eyes for You. She's the nicest O.D. in Memphis. No shit.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 2:58 pm

I went to high school with both Mike Weinberg and his wife, Robbie who is the manager of the Eclectic Eye. I went in there the other day to catch up with him and he was great. Plus I found some gorgeous frames for $405 that their employees helped pick out, so if I have to rate them on the Small Business who Spent Lots of Money to Improve Midtown, I'd say they are rating high right about now!
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 3:56 pm

$405!!! you are gonna be lookin hot!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 4:12 pm

$405!!! you are gonna be lookin hot!!

or high!!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 4:59 pm

They are very hot...the arms are some sort of super light weight metal. I am using the bulk of my cafeteria plan monies as Dr. Weinberg don't accept my cheap ass insurance.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 5:45 pm

I'm elected eclectic spy.
I'm protected eclectic eye.
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 9:19 am

wow what a coinkydink upon driving tooo new orleans iscratched my cornea wich in turn got totally infected caused an ulcer on my eyeball and my doctor in nola told my to go somewhere else cause it was totally fuvked up and he had no idea what to do about it.. so i drove back to memphis with one good eye and went to the midtown eye clinic on mclean...who sent me to the eyeball school and they totally fixed my shit ..almost lost it....i just wantedto say thank you to my ex-eyedoctor in Gretna for admiting that he was a retard and had no idea how to fix the hole in my eye..plus he smelled like burger king french fries
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®