Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / CyberWatch CrackHeads
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 2:54 pm | Edited by: Memphis Weirdo

OK, I was checking the nightly neighborhood crimes on my daily CyberWatch e-mail report, and I found an interesting one. Yesterday, there was a residential burglary in the 2000 block of Jackson. The entire list of lost items consisted of two 24x32 inch pieces of glass (valued at $50 each), an antique Planters Peanuts jar (valued at $100), and approximately $75 worth of pennies (valued at approximately $75).

So, let's put together the oh-so-complicated puzzle pieces of this crime. I love doing this. We have a guy who tosses his pennies into a cool old jar at the end of every day. Thoughtlessly, he has the jar sitting on a desk or dresser near the bedroom window. Along comes a crackhead who peeks into the window and sees a big-ass jar full of billions of pennies. He puts a brick through the window, grabs the jar and takes off down the street, fully believing that he just hit the lottery. I'm guessing he probably giggled as he ran with his ill-gotten booty, but that's not in the crime report.

What is the moral of this story??? I don't know... it's just stupid shit that goes on, but the thought of giggling crackheads makes me laugh.
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 5:40 pm

I have started to do this with Cyberwatch as well. Over in my area, there are daily shoplifting incidents at the 1500 block of Union (Cat's) and the 1500 to 1600 blocks of Madison...Piggly Wiggly and WHAT ELSE?
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 6:37 pm

In my half- mile radius, it's virtually the same thing every day-the Citgo reports a snatch and dash of a 12 pack of beer. It's nearly always Bud Lite. And theny report the value at $20. A domestic violence call on the next street or two is usually on the menu about every day also.
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 7:41 pm

We also have a lot of MVTs of many, many Ford Taurus'. Today a Honda del sol was stolen from those circa 1974 condos at Central/Belvedere.
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 8:00 pm

Everybody does know that each day's Cyberwatch report is NOT all new crimes, right? The "Reported Crimes" section goes back 30 days, and they just add new ones to the top of the list. Are Citgo and Cats really getting hit every day, or are you just seeing the same incidents move down the list?
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 8:01 pm

I have just been looking at the new ones. I mean, I look at the email religiously.
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 8:50 pm

I subscribe to Cyberwatch. Within my half mile, there's a burglary on Bellevue or Montgomery every other night...
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 9:52 am

I don't know this cyberwatch (do I really want to?) What's the URL?
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 10:03 am

URL

https://kiosk.memphispolice.org/cyberwatch/

Goner thread about it here:
http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&to pic=36117&page=0#msg501344

Did something weird happen over where you are the other night? Some kind of domestic thing where a woman was run down or something? I saw something on the news about it.
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 10:04 am

that was at maury and vollentine
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 10:04 am

Mostly my alerts are about shoplifting at the Auto Zone, Walgreens, or the Family Dollar. Quite a few DV assaults thrown in there too over on McConnell. Petty theft in Hein Park...lawnmowers, etc.
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 10:05 am

that was at maury and vollentine

close to you guys over there?
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 11:59 am

Be on the lookout! In today's cyberwatch bulletin for my 'hood, I learned that there was a burglary in 1900 block of Linden in which the following items were stolen: Season 1-4 of "Queer as Folk," and Season 3 of "The L Word." This has GOT to stop, bitches.
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Well, this one scared me pretty bad...
700 block of McConnell
Burglary/Residential

currency - 2 100s
DVD Player - $50
Various DVD - $300
AK-47 with wood paneling - $500

Yikes!
I thought AK-47s were like some serious ass gangster guns?
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 12:17 pm

I thought AK-47s were like some serious ass gangster guns?

its the assault rifle that all the scarface wannabes covet
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 12:22 pm

it's always nice to live on a street where there is a bomb planted.
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 12:27 am

Pennies are $10 dollars a pound, so the jar with the pennies weighed about 7 1/2 pounds plus the jar itself. Like carrying off a small bowling ball.

Is there a machine somewhere that he can dump all those pennies in, or will he have to roll them, which would be 150 rolls total, or rolling about 40 to make one decent crack rock. I can see this sweaty geeked out guy sitting in his hot place (because he failed to pay the power bill) rolling up pennies cursing his shaking hands.
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 12:30 am

Coinstar - pour in the change, get a barcode, take it to the register, get money or goods in exchange.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®