Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / My BEST OF MEMPHIS query of the day
Posted: May 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Lamp shop or some old sweet soul who will replace a cord on a small, vintage table lamp for a fair price. My personal boundaries for service these days are the River east to White Station and "certain areas" of North and South Memphis (ahem).

(Thanks to all who have given good answers where Citysearch falls short.)
Posted: May 30, 2008 3:05 pm

email Chuck Parr at heychuck@bellsouth.net and ask him if he still does that. He did several for me a few years back. He's in C/Y. Tell him I recommended him.

If you find anything else let me know, as I've lots of lamps around here that need fixin!
Posted: May 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Certainly will! I actually cut through the original, working cord when I was cutting off the bubble wrap. This move has been total hell!
Posted: May 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Or DIY. Takes about 15 minutes. Here's how.
Posted: May 30, 2008 4:11 pm

That does look easy. I am mainly concerned with the lamp itself and easily threading cord through and it does have a weird socket. It is a rectangular-shaped, metal lamp with a little forest scene inside. It looks like a little table radio and is certainly vintage 30's-40's by the details.
Posted: May 30, 2008 4:21 pm

do it yourself! i fixed the cord on the jukebox i got joe and it took, at most, 10 minutes. the part at lowes cost about 2 bucks.
Posted: May 30, 2008 5:45 pm

You are convincing me. It is low on the totem pole as we still need a new range (yup) and the turntable repaired...I need a drink.
Posted: May 30, 2008 10:34 pm

I buy lamp kits and hook 'em up all the time, super easy. I think I saw Martha Stewart do it first a long time ago. My kids room has 3 vintage lamps I did myself. Nothin' to worry about...
Posted: May 30, 2008 11:03 pm

3 vintage lamps I did myself.

Same here. Should take you about 10-15 minutes each. Very easy.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®