Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Tigers fans- should we be pissed off?
Posted: May 18, 2008 12:14 am

Why are we not talking about this yet?

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/05/is-kansas-in-da.html

I am currently tormenting myself with the What Ifs, and am even more angry that we had to listen to the national media call Joey Dorsey a moron all year. Well, at least he didn't have to cheat his way out of Introduction To Algebra.
Posted: May 18, 2008 8:20 am

I refuse to torment myself with what if's, but I plan on tormenting my Jayhawk friends with this story.
Posted: May 19, 2008 11:53 am

if it happens, i can't lie...i'll be chuckling to myself, but in no way do i want them to "give" us the championship from this. i don't want the first one for the school to come with an asterisk.

probably what i'll enjoy the most is that we're the ones being called "thug u" all the time, and we actually turn out a higher grad rate than a lot of these schools with the good reps.
Posted: May 19, 2008 12:56 pm

I think the NCAA needs to do SOMETHING, just because they have to set some sort of a standard. If they say they care about academics as much as athletics, they need to stand behind that.

They won't give us the championship; they might take theirs away, but it'll be similar to how they officially took our Final Four win away because of Dana Kirk, I'd imagine. Or what they did to Michigan when they had the Fab Five.

It just sucks.
Posted: May 19, 2008 1:25 pm

Then there is this which will end up making all of this moot and they'll have no asterisk cos they are some dumb plains state team with a meaningless catchphrase ("Rock Chalk Jayhawk"??!?!? What is next? Flagpole climbing? 23 Skidoo?).
Posted: May 20, 2008 9:09 am

I think the NCAA needs to do SOMETHING, just because they have to set some sort of a standard. If they say they care about academics as much as athletics, they need to stand behind that.

yeah....if i heard the phrase "student athlete" one more time in march i thought i was gonna come unglued.
Posted: May 20, 2008 5:31 pm

Then there is this which will end up making all of this moot

psssh. they changed the grade two years after the fact, and the teacher has his report card with 24s and 25s on it. i think we all know the deal.
Posted: May 20, 2008 6:02 pm

I guess my jaded view is that it will still be a he said/she said as to the veracity of the documentation blahblahblah...and it is so after the fact, that the teacher is kinda shady looking. Believe me, I'd LOVE an asterisk, but being the recipient of one already (ahem, dana, ahem, kirk, ahem Tiger, Boosters...), I am a bit hesitant to wish it upon someone else...even some dumb rock chalkers.

Plus, they are only worried about OJ Mayo right now.
Posted: May 20, 2008 6:37 pm

even if there's no official asterisk, people will remember this. i have a feeling that rather than it being shady, the teacher probably came out about it at this point to save his own ass- maybe he was asked to change somebody's scores again, or maybe the news channel that broke the story told him they were gonna report it with or without his support.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®