Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Visiting Memphis
Posted: May 15, 2008 10:41 pm

I'm taking a road trip to Memphis with some friends Memorial Day weekend. Does anyone suggest any good hangouts?
Posted: May 16, 2008 12:11 am

145's play the Buccaneer Sat. the 24th. Great band ,good time , usually lots of drunk women. Prepare for a LATE,LONG night though.
Posted: May 16, 2008 1:56 am

buccaneer, murphy's, lampliter, hi tone, somewhere in there will be a good time.

come by the goner store and we'll steer you right!
Posted: May 16, 2008 8:57 am

dranks are playing an early show at the bucc that sunday, not sure who else is on the bill
Posted: May 16, 2008 2:03 pm | Edited by: miss linda

Joe's Liquor store is on Poplar and Tip-Top liquors is on Madison.

Be shure to brouse the motel sceen on Elvis Prestly Blvd. for frighteningly fun festivities!!!!
Posted: May 16, 2008 2:10 pm

Joe's Liquor store is on Poplar

take a picture of the sputnik at dusk

Tip-Top liquors is on Madison.

conveniently close to the lamplighter if you want liquor w/ your burger instead of beer
Posted: May 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Awesome. Thanks everyone. I def. plan on stopping by the store.
Damn I'm so excited for Memphis.
We're also stopping by Atlanta on Sat. so if anyone knows of anything there...
Posted: May 18, 2008 3:36 pm

dranks are playing an early show at the bucc that sunday, not sure who else is on the bill

Bruce & me are on the same bill w/ a metal band that does a couple 80's hardcore covers.
Posted: May 18, 2008 4:54 pm

lowlife guide to memphis. get it goner or shangrila or us.

http://www.livefrommemphis.com/store/misc?itemID=OS00010
Posted: May 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Atlanta

little five points
Posted: May 21, 2008 10:36 am

L5P does have some good shows on Saturday.

There's a new venue The Black Box that's behind Java Lord inside 7 Stages. It's the only intown place doing all ages shows. They do have a full bar, two really good Atlanta bands playing (The Accidents/Knife & the 4th Ward Dagger) plus a band from NY called Tiger Piss that look worth checking out.
The Star Bar is having BubbaPalooza down the street as well. More the C&W/RockaBilly thing. It's lots of bands and Anna Kramer is playing that night and she's killing it. Best of all proceeds from the door go to a great cause.
Both venues are within walking distance of Elmyr and The Euclid Avenue Yacth to duck in and have a beer.

In either city your sure to have a good time. Best people ever in both.
Posted: May 21, 2008 5:06 pm

We're also stopping by Atlanta on Sat. so if anyone knows of anything there...

Claremont Lounge!

Blondie!!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®