Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Thomas Boggs RIP
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:05 pm

just got a call...he passed away today.
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:10 pm

Damn. We just ate at Huey's yesterday and I mentioned to Pam that I'd heard he wasn't doing all that great. If only I knew.
R.I.P.
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:17 pm

Time to add some Tommy Burke and the Counts, Box Tops and Flash and the Board of Directors to the next Snake Eyes show?

63 is toooo damned young to go...condolences to his friends and family.
This sucks...
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:23 pm

He was a nice dude.
Posted: May 5, 2008 3:51 pm

that is so sad. i also heard Mike Stoker isn't doin so well; i wanna say he was recently diagnosed with throat cancer. i know he and Sherry were so close to Thomas.

r.i.p.
Posted: May 5, 2008 5:55 pm

that sucks.
Posted: May 5, 2008 6:23 pm

That's a big loss for Memphis.
Posted: May 5, 2008 10:53 pm | Edited by: Will

that sucks. when i used to have to work those gay ass banquet bartending gigs at the peabody for rich folk that dude was always super nice and tipped really well.
Posted: May 5, 2008 11:11 pm

A real shame. Nice guy, and a real gentleman. And I'm not sure that any one place captures all of the atmosphere and quirks of Midtown better than Huey's on Madison. Damn place deserves a historical marker.
Posted: May 6, 2008 8:13 am

any one place captures all of the atmosphere and quirks of Midtown better than Huey's on Madison

good and bad, for better and for worse.
Posted: May 6, 2008 12:21 pm

R.I.P.

I just got a phone call from my dad in St. Louis. He and Thomas were good friends since high school. Only time I ever met Thomas was with my dad. I figured I'd find a thread here on Goner. I love Huey's, but I didn't really know Thomas besides meeting him that one time. I didn't know he was in ill health until today, but I learned that my dad has been following this for some time. Apparently Thomas was type O-. It's difficult to get type O- blood. They did a blood donor search that included Central High School alumni. A former classmate of his who now lives in Florida was providing him was blood. That's as much as I know.

I know he was very well thought of by everyone. I've never heard a bad thing about him. Everyone seemed to have only good things to say about the fellow, including my dad.

The Commercial Appeal did a nice piece on him:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/may/05/thomas-boggs-hueys-ce o-dies/

I thought it was odd that they gave his role in the Memphis music scene such a small mention at the end of an otherwise very gracious obituary.

Condolences to his family.
Posted: May 6, 2008 12:28 pm

How's this gonna impact tsunami, and the half shell?

ohhh.., and folk's folly too?

hope they stay open.
Posted: May 6, 2008 1:11 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®