Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Help Memphis Get An Outdoor Skate Park!
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 7:05 am

SPOM (Skate Park of Memphis) will be closing in a few months. After that, there will be no more skate park in Memphis.

Unless...

The guys at SPOM met with the director of parks and recreation. The Parks director is under the impression that there are only perhaps a 100 hundred skaters in Memphis. Not true, y'all.

So there's gonna be a demo next week to show the Park people that we damn well need a skate park.

In order to get funding for a public skate park from City council they have to be able to convince the council that there is a HUGE demand for a skate park. If less than 50 show up they will not be convinced.

Time: THURSDAY April 24th, 3:30-5:30
Where: Memphis Fairgrounds

(Exact place at fairgrounds not mentioned but since it's outdoors I'd think it's easy to find).
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 8:10 am

could they like do it when skaters who work could get there? not that i skate but i'd ride my cool little bike over there to add to the crowd.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 8:20 am

I know... gonna make it hard for my husband (he skates) to get there too.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 8:58 am

yeah.... at 3:30 on a weekday it's gonna be a buncha kids.

which it should be, but would look better if there were adult skaters and parents there to remind the council that these are kids of taxpayers, if not really taxpayers themselves yet.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®