Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Today is the day
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 8:46 am

tonight is the night.
We will not be denied.
How cool will it be to go to bed tonight as the NCAA basketball champions?
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 9:18 am

I'm so excited. I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 9:20 am

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

I'm not so sure I like it. :)
Really, Saturday was worse emotion wise for me. Today I'm a bit calmer, and not as nauseous.

GO TIGERS!!!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 10:01 am

I am totally nauseous. I know I need to eat, but I gotta get through a job interview, then fully start freaking out on the Tigers! What the hell??? I think in some part of my mind, I didn't think we'd still be playing today, so scheduling the interview was not so insane. At least I can blame any jitters on the Tigers!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 10:07 am

I had to eat immodium all day Saturday. heh.
But, you got double the nerves today! Don't worry...it's all gonna be great!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 10:59 am

I'm not nearly as nervous today. For some reason I was much more of a basketcase when they played the MSUs. Maybe because making it all the way to the championship game is so awesome in and of itself?
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:23 pm

Ok, nerves kicking in. Big time.

Maybe because making it all the way to the championship game is so awesome in and of itself?
Yep. No matter what happens we'll still have Saturday.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:33 pm

i\'ve got double nevous wreck emotions goin on today as well. . . .i am cleaning the ever living hell out of my house right now. also, can\'t eat. and for some reason, i can\'t stop thinkin we play at 5 and then, i think \"SHIT! there\'s two MORE hours of this craziness. . . .
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:38 pm

Antonio Anderson is from Lynn, which is a suburb of Boston, and I've been thinking about taking the bus out there today to the playground on Warren Street where he learned how to ball. Maybe that will give him some good luck or vibes or something.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:59 pm

robin, you are awesome.

brit, I don't even think mopping my floors will help. Maybe I could metaphorically mop some floor...you know, as in with the Jayhawks!!!
I'm so scattered I can't even get one sink of dishes done!

GO TIGERS!!!!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 2:05 pm

I'm so scattered I can't even get one sink of dishes done!

Yeah, that's where I am at! I can't function! I need to get out of bed and put on some coffee and make some food and do about a billion things but all I can do is lie here under the covers with my completely filthy Tigers hoodie on. It's pathetic.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 2:20 pm

HA!!
(DON'T WASH IT!!!)

I've gotta go get Jack, and then I'm going to go work some more on my "Go Tigers" photo project. That really helped the other day.

Otherwise, I'm working myself toward basket case. AND, I have to stay sober since this is a Jack night. Oh brother.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 3:52 pm

I have to stay sober

i don't think this is possible for me. i have a bunch of fucking homework i have to do too. fuckin' aye.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:08 pm

i have a bunch of fucking homework i have to do too.

surely people are understanding that nobody in the city can function correctly right now, right?

OH MY GOD. I am meeting a random displaced memphian from the internet to watch the game across town tonight and i am fixin' to go down there early just to walk around in my tiger blue and get some of this fuckin' energy out of my system.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:34 pm

Tony's taking Jack tonight!!! He's a peach!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:43 pm

hey...alisa...hi tone???

i may go there instead.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:50 pm

I am meeting a random displaced memphian from the internet

This is why I am glad to be here!!! I don't think I will see a lot of you tonight, but cross your fingers I get offered this job and I will be here permanently within a month! It was good to know that the management of the place I interviewed allowed people to wear Tiger ears and tails to work.

Regardless, we are here June 4th for good!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 5:21 pm

GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought tip off was at 7 21. it's a fucking 8 21. i don't think i can handle another freakin hour. i'd walk down to the hi tone and shoot hoops but i'm still sore from yesterday. i gotta get a beer. fuck.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 6:04 pm

Oh britney. I can't wait either. I'll see you soon!
Yes, HiTone!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 6:21 pm

woooohooooo! i'll see y'all down there in a bit. gotta throw on my cdr jersey and put some blue and white ribbons in my hair. yupyup.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm bringing my camera.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 6:43 pm

already here. i can't even stay in my house anymore. and i cannot stress how fuggin clean it is.

-britney
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 6:48 pm

i can't even stay in my house anymore

Ditto. See you real soon.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®