Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis basketball on National Public Radio
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 8:03 am

John Calpari on National Public Radio:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89418363
Derrick Rose on N.P.R.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89424960
John Feinstein on N.P.R., declaring "Memphis is not college basketball royalty."
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89424946
Where to complain about Feinstein about after Joey Dorsey wins tonight:
http://www.npr.org/contact/
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:46 am

get off our bandwagon, chico!!!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 12:05 pm

You know, I stopped myself from saying something earlier, but since it's been brought up, I'll finish..

There's nothing more pathetic than a grown man with no dignity and respect for himself to feel like he has to win people back over with above post. Stick to your guns. You disliked Memphis then, dislike them now. All season long he just wouldn't shut his fucking mouth up about how bad Memphis was and how good Ole Miss is.

I know what your saying: "But Jerry, didn't you see that stellar run Ole Miss had to the semi-finals of the N.I.T tournament"? And I would answer" No. I don't pick up ESPN 8- The Ocho, so I wasn't able to watch it"

Where to complain about Feinstein about after Joey Dorsey wins tonight:

Two things bother me about this:
1. Now he's saying Memphis will win.
2. I'm no english major, but i'm pretty sure just one "about" will work for the above sentence.

Learn to write, douchebag.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:36 pm

no negative energy folks. . . . two wrongs don't make a right. . . . channel all your energy to our boys. . . . .

and BREATHE! in the nose, out of the mouth. in the nose, out from the mouth. . . . there you go.

if that doesn't help. . . mop your floors. it's workin for me. ;)
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:42 pm

You are right, britney.

BUT.

I kinda feel like he's Kevin Love laid out on his ass and we're Joey Dorsey pointing and laughing.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:48 pm

Positve thinking indeed but tell that to my stomach!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:51 pm

mop your floors. it's workin for me. ;)

Me too!
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:02 pm

no negative energy folks. . . . two wrongs don't make a right. . . . channel all your energy to our boys. . . . .

You're right. I'm thinking nothing but positive thoughts the rest of the day. Even about chico's new position on the Tigers!!!
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 3:42 pm

I had convinced myself last night that this was all Darth Chicos fault for coming over from the dark side to support us.
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 6:47 am

get off our bandwagon, chico!!!

You've gotten on a bandwagon, robin? Jeez I thought you had been a Tiger fan for a long time...
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 6:52 am

According to jerryd:

"You know, I stopped myself from saying something..."
(jerryd means WRITING something, folks)
"There's nothing more pathetic than a grown man with no dignity and respect for himself to feel like he has to win people back over with above post."
(jerryd is wrong here, folks...I don't feel like I have to win people back over [or that I had already evidently at some point won them over] with the above post...or that that post would do anything except perhaps turn people on to excellent radio journalism that they may not have known of. I'll promote N.P.R. any chance I get. One of the above N.P.R. pieces is negative about Memphis, so I don't understand the jerryd logic of how that would "...win people back over...".)
jerryd-at-the-keypad continues:
"You disliked Memphis then, dislike them now. All season long he just wouldn't shut his fucking mouth up about how bad Memphis was and how good Ole Miss is."
Once again, jerryd is wrong. I never wrote or said anything about disliking Memphis. I wrote about disliking that John Calapari is such a pice of shit that when Memphis State was denied entry to the S.E.C., he backed out of the basketball series with Ole Miss that has been going on longer than he has been alive and that the Rebels have a victory margin over the Tigers in. jerryd can't show that I wrote that I disliked Memphis, because I didn't. He also can't back up another of his claims about me: "All season long he just wouldn't shut his fucking mouth up about how bad Memphis was and how good Ole Miss is."
I never wrote anything about the Tigers being bad. Never. Nor did I write anything about how good the Rebels are. I know how good Memphis State is in basketball and that Ole Miss only occasionally makes it into the middle rounds of the N.C.A.A. tourney. I'm one of the few here who has actually been a student at Memphis State, owned Memphis State season basketball tickets and seen the Tigers play both U.C.L.A. and U.S.C. from the fifth row.
These days I would expect Memphis State to almost always beat Ole Miss...but then again, Ole Miss did play Tennessee a lot closer in Knoxville than Memphis State did in Memphis and the Rebels whipped Mississippi State, who gave the Memphis State Tigers all they wanted.
jerryd is also wrong with the "All season long..." part.
The jerryd flailing about continues:
"Now he's saying Memphis will win."
Well...I never said, or wrote, that they wouldn't. I thought they would win the national championship. I didn't want Calapari to, because of his being such a pussy about his school not having the goods to be accepted into the S.E.C., but then I read this Commercial Appeal story about Joey Dorsey having little contact with his father. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/apr/03/overdue-hug-cant-heal -hurt-for-dorsey/
My father abandoned my mother before I was born, and it bothers me every day (Some of you may know my brother, Memphis filmmaker Mike McCarthy, who made a movie about the episode, Teenage Tupelo.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114645/
http://www.impossiblefunky.com/archives/issue_14/14_jmm.asp?IshNum=14& Headline=The%20Wild%20World%20of%20John%20Michael%20McCarthy
). When I read about Dorsey and his father, I wanted the Tigers to win.
Then, jerryd really gets prissy:
"I'm no english major, but i'm pretty sure just one "about" will work for the above sentence.
Learn to write, douchebag."
Folks, I won't list all the assaults jerryd made on English in his posting on this thread...just one to show how he should stop and think before flowing across the keyboard:
Above in this thread, jerryd wrote:
"I know what your saying..."
jerryd, the correct spelling is "you're" (not your).
Learn to write, left-holding-the-douchebag.
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 9:33 am

Wow! I have to say i'm honored that you've been holding on to these feelings for FIVE MONTHS.

If my grammatical errors bother you this much, i'm going to keep making them. ( it will give you something to correct while you sit at home with one hand on the keyboard and another in your dogs asshole)

Proofread these sentences and tell me if anything is used out of place:

1. You're a faggot

2. Nobody cares that your brother is Mike McCarthy.

3. Your dog did not get hit by a car, he commited suicide.

4. You're a pathetic, lonely man.

5. Your dick is really small.

If you need to wait another five months to respond, you can. Or better yet, we're coming to taylor in a few weeks, so maybe we can meet for lunch at Taylor grocery.
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 10:00 am

I mean, I love the Tigers, but again, for Ole Miss--an SEC team--to gloat over this win is pathetic and more than a little funny. There are no bragging rights for the Rebels until they beat the LSU Tigers or the Vols or Tide or the Gators...maybe I should just name every other SEC team at this stage.
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 8:13 pm

your dogs asshole
jerryd, if the asshole belongs to the dog, the possessive (apostrophe 's') should be used. The correct usage would be " your dog's asshole."

Carry on.
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:03 am

I have to say one of the funniest things I've ever seen was the accident scene where the police department spray painted where the victim was struck, where the car came to a rest, and another 20 feet down the road was a circle painted in the road that simply read "dog."
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 12:14 am

holding on to these feelings for FIVE MONTHS...

Helloooooo, psychopath.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 6:56 am

I mean, I love the Tigers, but again, for Ole Miss--an SEC team--to gloat over this win is pathetic and more than a little funny. There are no bragging rights for the Rebels until they beat the LSU Tigers or the Vols or Tide or the Gators...maybe I should just name every other SEC team at this stage.

Okay saispas, the Ole Miss Rebels did not play the mighty Vols, and Alabama did manage to beat Ole Miss by three points for the third consecutive year, but this year the Rebels did go to Gainesville and whip the Gators and they did go to Baton Rouge and beat the Tigers. Ole Miss is the first team to beat the two previous national champions in the same year in 20 years.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 6:58 am

Helloooooo, psychopath.

Perhaps it's time to climb back on Bruce Wayne, Robin.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 7:05 am

I have to say one of the funniest things I've ever seen was the accident scene where the police department spray painted where the victim was struck, where the car came to a rest, and another 20 feet down the road was a circle painted in the road that simply read "dog."

So that is you, Scott Rogers. What a fucking pathetic FAKE piece of shit you are, man. When we run into each other in Memphis at the HiTone, you're all handshakes and smiles, but get on a message board where you might impress Robin, and you show the piece of shit that you are.
For going on twenty years, I've never shown you anything but kindness, respect and friendliness. How come when we see each other in person you don't ridicule my accident to my face? You and I both know you are a completly different person to me in person as the big, bad Scott Rogers on the Goner board is.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 6:46 am

Ole Miss is the first team to beat the two previous national champions in the same year in 20 years.

Actually, Ole Miss is the first team since 1941 to beat the last two defending national champions in the same year. And those two teams are two that saispas mentioned above on September 1. Saispas, you are able to pick up an Ole Miss jacket and other Rebel gear in Memphis.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®