Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Chris Douglas Roberts Monster Dunk...
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 12:09 am | Edited by: jerryd

on that bitch Kevin Love.

Holy shit!!!! I could watch this over and over and never get tired of it.

When they play it in slow motion, that's the best. Notice how Kevin Love just collapses. I'm pretty sure he is crying, too.

BOOYAH!!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 2:14 am

the best part is joey pointing & laughing at his doughboy ass laying out on the floor....he said in the post game he told him to get up!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it....GO TIGERS!!!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 9:11 am

That was easily the play of the game - I think the collective roar heard all over Memphis after that dunk might have been heard all the way down in San Antonio.

For any of you Tiger YouTubers, has anybody found the pregame package that CBS did on the whole Tigers team yet? The one where it was all five starters sitting in a semi-circle in the bleachers, just basically shooting the shit? I really liked that piece, and would love to see it again.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 9:27 am | Edited by: street

Check out the contrasting body language in this pic:

Poor Kevin
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 9:39 am

.. plus the fact that he's Mike Love's nephew makes this all the better!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 10:32 am

AHAHA!

Transcendental meditate on that, BITCH!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 2:20 pm

He looks like he wet his pants!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 2:28 pm

we were watching the game huddled around a small tv in the place where we skate at. the bout was about to start when this happened and they were announcing skater names and we saw the dunk and we cheered so loud everyone was kinda lookin at us. it was hilarious.

the dunk = so fucking awesome. chris douglas-roberts is fucking amazing.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 3:39 pm

man oh man, that shit was straight up BALLS IN FACE. he sent that wigger flyin'!

best. day. ever.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 4:45 pm

Went up to Tiger Book Store earlier and it was total madness. I got a final game t in grey...not too bad of a design...now I am still recovering from my Tiger-sized hangover by eating Panchos dip. Ah Memphis!!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 5:08 pm

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 5:25 pm

Calipari has required that Dorsey, his sometimes-headcase-of-a-big-man, write stories before every game since Senior Night on March 8, in order to envision a positive outcome before he takes the floor.

Oh man. I would KILL to read those.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 6:14 pm

Dorsey can write stories? Aw fuck, who cares??

GO TIGERS!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 7:11 pm

Dear Dream Journal,

On Saturday night I would like for Antonio to back door pass the ball to Chris, and then I would like for him to left-handed dunk it over Kevin Love while simultaneously dropping his balls in his mouth. Then I would like for Kevin Love to collapse like a folding chair while I gallop away backwards and point and laugh.

If I dream it, I can make it happen. That is the power of positive thought.

Love,
Joey.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 7:55 pm

Heh!
I'm just now coming around after last night. That was SOME FUN! I'm all hoarse today from screaming at the top of my lungs basically for the entire game.

and then I would like for him to left-handed dunk it over Kevin Love while simultaneously dropping his balls in his mouth.

christ, that's what happened!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 8:34 pm

Today's LA Times makes for fun reading for Tigers fans. The best is a new column by Bill Plaschke, whose column on Friday just totally slammed Calipari, predicting that he would get completely outcoached by UCLA. Click here for the whole column, including his crow-eating. But I thought the intro was worth sharing in this thread:

With six minutes left in the first half Saturday, Kevin Love turned to the UCLA bench and shouted to his coach in weary despair.

His shirt was stained dark blue with sweat. His stare was glazed over with wonder. His screams were about the stunning combination of pounding and precision that was Memphis.

Ben Howland spread his arms and answered for the entire Bruins nation.

"What do you want me to do, Kevin?" he shouted back.

What did we want him to do, indeed.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 9:02 pm

Plaschke is a complete idiot. he doesn't even understand why he was wrong. and he throws out things like attacking the nba possibilities of his hometown guards, just because they looked bad in one game. if memphis had lost and someone wrote that article about rose and cdr, how would we treat that bullshit. what a dick. trying to say ben howland needs to fix his coaching because he's lost in three straight final fours. he went to THREE STRAIGHT FINAL FOURS! the guy is classy and smart. memphis was just fucking awesome yesterday and is awesome fucking period. fuck plaschke fuck plaschke. in fact fuck almost all the national sports media. biggest douchebag group in any line of work around.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 9:21 pm

what a dick. trying to say ben howland needs to fix his coaching because he's lost in three straight final fours. he went to THREE STRAIGHT FINAL FOURS!

That's not just him though, it's UCLA mentality. What a bunch of spoiled babies. Wah wah wah, you went to three final fours and lost them all. Get over it! You went to three final fours in a row!
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 10:31 pm

street: I think this might be the video you're thinking of?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=anIPKtsDlMo
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 10:46 pm

YES!! That's the one -- thanks so much Robin.

BTW, for anyone that wants an easy way to download/archive all these Tigers YouTube clips for posterity, I can not recommend www.KeepVid.com highly enough.
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 11:43 pm

street: I think this might be the video you're thinking of?

i love watching that one. it makes me smile and makes me so happy for them getting here.

as far as that plaschke article, highway star is right. as much as i hate kevin love, i think he'd fit right into the nba. same with collison and westbrook. i don't think their coach is really all that terrible either. memphis is just a better team this year and we just have that right chemistry to overpower teams. it's hard to beat a team with such a deep bench like we have too.
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 8:02 am

I wrote Plaschke first thing yesterday AM, prior to reading the second article. Here 'tis:

Have fun eating crow after that column, Plaschke! We had your number all night. Kevin Love, while a great player overall, looked like the spoiled rotten freshman he is. That is the attitude you develop after playing on a team like UCLA. Things are always supposed to go your way and when they don't, panic ensues.

Simply put, you, along with 90% of the country who cares about college basketball, underestimated our team, our desire, our talent and our coach.

Sure, he looks like a used Lexus salesman, but who's still coaching today?

Have a great offseason.

An unabashed Tiger fan with a LA ego-sized hangover,
Kristin Young
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:38 am

"This is going to be in the back of my mind for the rest of my life," said senior Lorenzo Mata-Real, rubbing his red eyes. "I lost in three straight Final Fours."
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®