| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Republic Coffee House Grand Opening
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:48 pm

2924 Walnut Grove

Grand Opening April 5 2008
Crack Coffee/ Wine/ Jazz/ Fusion/ Good S**t

FREE

Art Auction to benefit Deneuville House for Women

At Walnut Grove where Union turns at over pass at Poplar!!!!!
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 6:25 pm

god the guy who runs this place is a total douchebag
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 8:31 am

who runs it? don't know nuthin bout that but good espresso and the nicest space (for drinkin coffee) in town.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 7:36 pm

the same asshole that ran the one on madison
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 5:39 pm

What's the Deneuville house for women?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 6:35 pm

I happen to love being a douche bag. assholism is something that i have struggled with and really only let that light shine on turds who need to be pushed out. love ya.:)
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 6:37 pm

What's the Deneuville house for women?

HA!
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 9:53 pm

I'm serious.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 9:55 pm

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 9:56 pm

I suppose I always think of that place as for "women"...as fucked up as that assumption is.

Is someone mistaken about their charity...or trying to bilk!!!!????
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:17 pm

the deneuville house is a miracle in our city that takes in battered women and children and provides secondary education for women. it is global in its acceptance and is a truly remarkable endeavor to help change the lives of under privledged families who otherwise would fail and become tragedies.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 11:02 pm

I was being facetious re: bilking, moondeshone. It is sorta par for the course here in this forum.
I also thought Deneuville was a girls school/center.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 11:52 pm

It is the same organization.
The Sisters of the Good Shepherd spent a coupla decades holding underage girls in unsanitary, bleak, and degrading conditions.
Now they need money for other good works. Awesome.
I can't say no to a hot cup of Jazz Fusion, though, so I'm in.
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 6:46 am

The Sisters of the Good Shepherd spent a coupla decades holding underage girls in unsanitary, bleak, and degrading condition

I have heard all about this. While I don't begrudge someone helping the "underprivileged" (god that word is loaded), I do begrudge the assumption that these people would "fail and become tragedies" without the intervention of those of us that are soooooo together. People would be amazed what I have learned from these families and kids since making the decision to be a social worker and the last thing they need is people assuming they can't do for themselves. A little help here and there is fine, but that is a safer way to look at it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®