Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / wait, Wait, WAIT! WHAT????
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:27 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/Content?oid=oid%3A40187

The new ordinance will prohibit dancers from coming within six feet of customers or other entertainers. It prohibits the sale or consumption of beer or liquor on club premises and requires dancers to wear opaque bottoms and cover their nipples.
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:30 pm

Get over it, dude.
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:41 pm

No. No, I don't think I will, Alisa.
I don't go often, haven't been in years and years.
It's like guns. I may not own one, but I don't think they should be taken away.
But trust me. Compared to shakejoints all over America, Memphis has something that nobody comes close to, except maybe in Vegas. Think what you will of the industry, the employees, the clientelle, whatever. That's your hang-up. If cops spent half as many months working real crime as opposed to doing undercover research for hand-jobs, well...
Anyway, maybe more should be done about schools than worry over this shit. If you think shakejoints are skanky, consider this: CNN reported today that 1 in 4 teenage girls have an STD.
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:44 pm

Uh...uh...okay.
It's still not the end of the world, hon. And, it may lead to less teenage STDs.
Right??
How old are them gals?
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Let me put it like this. A teenage boy (even my own in a few years) has a better percentage of getting an STD going on a date than he has odds on getting in the shakejoint.
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:50 pm

Okay, I read the article. I've been taught from the cradle "you can't legislate morality" and in this case I'd have to agree.
Six feet? Ludicrous!
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:58 pm

1 in 4 teenage girls have an STD.

yikes. Be careful out there.
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 1:59 am

It's true.

I just had to give my brother directions to the "free clinic" today. Thank Allah most of this shit can be cured w/ a shot.

. . .I miss Danny Owens?
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 8:27 am

One could argue it's this very morality that prevents better sex education in the public schools. I'd say we have a few more things to worry about than just some strip clubs...
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 9:07 am

laughably ineffectual city govt and police force, murder rate that is 2.5 times the national avg, and some of the worst schools in the nation - and we're worried about boobies. come the fuck on.
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 11:09 am

Thats super lame...
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Let's see... No alcohol, no nudity, no contact with the help... Sounds a little like going to Chuck E. Cheese.
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 2:48 pm

How long until Robin has to resign as Administrator of The Goner Board in a shameful sex scandal?
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 3:16 pm

How long until Robin has to resign as Administrator of The Goner Board in a shameful sex scandal?

I'll answer that question by posing another: Why do you think he's pushing the coffee so hard?
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Sounds a little like going to Chuck E. Cheese.

no kidding. half the fun of going into a shake junt was gettin' soused. usually i am soused when i go and i want to continue boozin.

you cannot legislate morality. shit is going to happen whether they want it to or not. if they don't want prostitution to be around, they're going to fail miserably because that shit will just be out on the streets or in some other way. it's the oldest profession. do they think they're gonna stop it with some stupid laws? won't happen. guarantee it.
Posted: Mar 12, 2008 5:18 pm

I knew you were short, but, you ain't exactly Mr. Current Events, either.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:32 pm

Let's see... No alcohol, no nudity, no contact with the help... Sounds a little like going to Chuck E. Cheese.

Chuck E. Cheese is way better than any strip bar!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Chuck E. Cheese is way better than any strip bar!

I keep gettin' stuck in them habitrails
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®