Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / It's here!!! BEALE ST. MUSIC FEST 2008
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 5:03 pm

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT! Mr. Wendle live! Unfortunately, no Counting Crows, Ugly Kid Joe, or Spin Doctors. I will say this is the best line-up I've seen in a long time. It went from being awful to just terrible. Get your tickets now.

Friday, May 2nd: My Chemical Romance, Sheryl Crow, The Roots, Keb' Mo', Richard Johnston, Hellogoodbye, Jonny Lang, Ben Folds, Charlie Musselwhite, Robert Wolfman Belfour, Flyleaf, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Project Pat, Lil' Ed & the Blues Imperials, Lord T. and Eloise, Amy LaVere, JJ Greg & Mofro, Lurrie Bell.

Saturday, May 3rd: Santana, Disturbed, Matisyahu, Bettye LaVette, Richard Johnston, Lou Reed, Seether, the John Butler Trio, Pinetop Perkins & Hubert Sumlin w/ Billy Gibson, Blind Mississippi Morris, Buddy Guy, Simple Plan, Arrested Development, Watermelon Slim, Cat Power, The Whigs, Colbie Caillat, Back Door Slam, Duman, Saving Abel, Tegan and Sara, Kenny Neal, Muck Sticky, Oracle and the Mountain, Al Kapone, Preston Shannon, Eli "Paperboy" Reed.

Sunday, May 4th: Fergie, Michael McDonald, the Black Crowes, Doyle Bramhall, Richard Johnston, Finger Eleven, Aretha Franklin, O.A.R., Magic Slim & the Teardrops, Robert Belfour, Gavin DeGraw, Jerry Lee Lewis, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Nick Moss & the Flip Tops, Rue Melo, Duman, Umphrey's McGee, Samuel James, Carney, Billy Lee Riley, Pete Francis, Calvin Cooke.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 5:21 pm

Tegan and Sara!!

Wonder how long it'll take Cat Power to cancel?
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 5:26 pm

I agree it's a slight improvement.

Michael Franti & Spearhead play every single festival on earth. I swear, if a drum circle were to break out in Overton Park on a Saturday afternoon, Michael Franti & Spearhead would show up and drop socially conscious lyrics.

After having watched all the "Yacht Rock" videos, I'm actually excited about Michael McDonald. ("I love playing with the Doobies -- they're so SMOOTH!")
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 6:46 pm

As far as I know, this is the first time Lou Reed has played Memphis since the "Transformer" album came out.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 6:56 pm | Edited by: robin

i am praying for cat power and muck sticky to play back-to-back on the same stage. please please please, lord jesus. please let this happen.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 9:35 pm

improvement????i dont know. it seems as if there is always one band i wanna see. 2 years ago, little richard. last year the stooges. this year lou reed. other wise, its the same old same old. maybe urethra franklin???
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 10:37 pm

As far as I know, this is the first time Lou Reed has played Memphis since the "Transformer" album came out.

If there ever was a reason for Chico Harris' existence, it would be to confirm or deny this.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 11:36 am

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts,

I love you Joan!
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 11:38 am

If there ever was a reason for Chico Harris' existence, it would be to confirm or deny this.

Ain't that the truth!
What's up with all the "actual factual" bullshit chico?
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 11:49 am

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:19 pm

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts,

I love you Joan!

I love her, too. Always have, but that bitch still hasn't approved my "friend request" on MySpace. The Runaways approved me, so what gives, Joan???
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:24 pm

damn it. i hate hate hate music fest and all the beer soaked mississippi fucktards it brings. stabby stabby stabby. but damn it i want to see lou reed.

i endured that crap last year to see jerry lee lewis and the stooges. i dunno if i'll get sucked into that trap again. gah. terribleness.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:31 pm

that bitch still hasn't approved my "friend request" on MySpace.

She's on mine! na na na na na!!!
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:35 pm

She's on mine! na na na na na!!!

It's ON, Miss Linda!
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 3:31 pm

beer soaked mississippi fucktards

watch there lauren ;)
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 3:31 pm

watch IT there is what i meant

heh heh
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 3:33 pm

awww. i wasn't meanin' you, brit. hence the fucktard part. :) there ain't nothin' wrong with bein' beer soaked cuz i certainly spend a good number of my days in that fashion. well, used to anyway. heh.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 3:51 pm

there ain't nothin' wrong with bein' beer soaked

i was mainly talkin about the mississippi part hahaha

got notin but love for ya
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 6:41 pm

i almost came back to visit memphis around memphis in may no thanks staying in seattle this summer !
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®