Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / NOCTURNAL: old Antenna/Madison Flame related
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 12:39 pm

this has probably been discussed, but whats going on? Is it safe to assume since its been painted black and grey and says NOCTURNAL now its a goth club? Are there any goths over the age of 15 in Memphis?
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 1:17 pm

It's a gay bar miss girlfriend. The owner's name is Chris, and he's very handsome!
Me & 3 other people went there after the early Ultra Cat's show and that man said he was all about booking events as long as it wasn't on at Friday, or Saturday.
He said the only buisiness he gets is on the weekend, because homosexuals are boring, and predictable.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 1:51 pm

sounds like a TSOT all night school night show is in order!
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 1:57 pm

i like the way you think... i think!
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:02 pm | Edited by: miss linda

Yes on a sunday! He said it would be a good idea.
I was thinking memorial day weekend.

Are there any goths over the age of 15 in Memphis?
I hope not.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:31 pm

I wanna play there so bad...

memories...
pressed between the pages of my mind...
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:38 pm

It's very possible, on a week night that is.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:46 pm

on a week night that is.

aahhh....there's the rub.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 5:31 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

Goth girl over 15 - http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/Rumpleforeskin_/lily.jpg Too bad she's dead but that makes her even more goth!
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 7:01 pm

Too bad she's dead but that makes her even more goth!

Post of the day!
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 8:46 pm

Not a gay spot anymore, per se, from what I hear.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:03 pm

it's not a gay or goth spot. it's a ravey/electronic music type of club. i went in there one night to check it out to see what it was all about cuz a friend of mine djs there on the weekend. some girls were in a fight and one threw a beer at the other girl and had really bad aim. the beer went flying all over me and some other dude, who promptly poured his beer over the head of the girl. then the janitor tried to kick dude out and for whatever reason, the girl started shoving the janitor.

i took this as my cue to leave and walked over to murphy's.

but it's not all gays. there's a bunch of raver types there too.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:40 pm

i took this as my cue to leave and walked over to murphy's.

I've taken that cue many, many times. Especially when it was the flame. Goddamn,that bar got frightning.
Telling those dudes I was straight didn't seem to matter.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:41 pm | Edited by: elle

Goddamn,that bar got frightning.

tell me about it. i got hit on by someone who looked like my grandma there once. *shiver* but i've had fun there too.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:45 pm

Did she ever let up, or did she try the annoying "no means yes" theory?
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:47 pm

i had to walk away fast cuz her giving me the eyes with her lookin' like g-ma kinda wigged me out bad. so she didn't have the opportunity to be relentless.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 1:57 pm

some girls were in a fight and one threw a beer at the other girl and had really bad aim. the beer went flying all over me and some other dude, who promptly poured his beer over the head of the girl. then the janitor tried to kick dude out and for whatever reason, the girl started shoving the janitor.

REBEL WHERE ARE YOU?????????
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 6:35 pm

Is this the same chris that ran XYZ?
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Did any of you hang out at the Antenna '84-'86?
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Did any of you hang out at the Antenna '84-'86?

Yep
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:20 pm

Rebel wouldn't let me in
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Too bad, it was quite the life-changer. Nothing like the UK Subs and Black Flag + many, many more to make a girl finally feel like she's out of Mississippi.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Somebody please buy the Antenna and make things right again!!! jeez already!
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 6:49 pm

Well, I wanted to give sort of an update on Nocturnal.

I have acquired joint ownership of the club formerly known as the Antenna.

We are in the works of building a stage and will be booking shows soon.

It is NOT a gay bar and the emphasis will be live music and dance with guest DJs from around the globe alternating with quality live performances.

Thanks in advance for any and all support...

Benny
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:11 pm

Is the Antenna sign being restored to its rightful place on the premises?

Sounds great!
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:14 pm

April Fools?
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:29 pm

It is NOT a gay bar

So no Mantenna sign?
That sucks.
Or doesn't suck.
However not being a gay bar works.
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 7:56 pm

Rebel wouldn't let me in

Believe me, it wasn't just you. He drove me bananas letting us in one night, the next screaming at us to never darken his door again. Such pain.
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 2:06 pm

April Fools?

No, I'm serious.

It should be fun...

maybe we can get The Crime to play?

We already have some dates to fill and will be ready for steady booking from May on.

I'm planning on some "Mini-Fests" on weekends with a one-price cover to get into both bars with bands firing off alternating between the two places.

lemme know what you think.
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 2:08 pm

and, by the way, the last time I saw Rebel he came into Murphy's wanting me to "loan" him some money.

he looked very crackish.
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 2:10 pm

Are you still going to call it Nocturnal?

What's the deal then with Murphy's and the vaccuum shop? I figured you just got the vaccum shop cause you were sick of renting their parking.

Best of luck keeping it all going either way.
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 2:11 pm

The Crime is kaput but The Everyday Parade cd release party in July....now THAT would be close to perfect.

IF...you ain't pulling my crank...
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 2:14 pm

and, by the way, the last time I saw Rebel he came into Murphy's wanting me to "loan" him some money.

Rebel had a operation that almost killed him...he borrowed money from me too...he's had a hard time for sure.

I still love him...he worked really hard for us...and saved my life on more than one occasion.
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 4:42 pm

Sam,

It will still be called Nocturnal, changing the name causes a bunch of headaches.

If you know of any one that wants to rent the Vacuum shop- I am willing to trade some free rent for upgrading the building.

And yes, Jeff, I have also always had a warm spot in my heart for Rebel as well. We worked a bunch of concerts and stuff with the stage hand union for a few years after the Antenna days. I gave him the cash.

bring on the Everyday Parade!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®