Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis REPRESENTS in Rocklahoma!
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 9:06 pm | Edited by: street

Finally... a Tora Tora reunion!!! And with Every Mother's Nightmare, too! Why can't this be the 2008 Beale Street Musicfest lineup??

ROCKLAHOMA II

Thursday, July 10:
BRET MICHAELS
L.A. GUNS
ENUFF Z'NUFF
VAIN
HOUSE OF LORDS
JETBOY

Friday, July 11:
TRIUMPH
EXTREME
NIGHT RANGER
KINGDOM COME
ARMORED SAINT
XYZ

Saturday, July 12:
CINDERELLA
WARRANT (with Jani Lane)
KIX
TRIXTER
BLACK 'N BLUE
TORA TORA
EVERY MOTHER'S NIGHTMARE

PRETTY BOY FLOYD

Sunday, July 13:
[Major act yet to be announced]
TESLA
LYNCH MOB *
ZEBRA
BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
AXE

* Yet another Memphis connection -- this is the band that cost former CA music critic Ron Wynn his job by not showing up for their Mud Island gig. (He "reviewed" their performance anyway.)
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 10:38 pm

ENUFF Z'NUFF
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 11:32 pm

i remember when i saw elastica at club 616 in the mid 90s the local band was listed as members of tora tora....they were only wearing jeans and cowboy boots....
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 11:49 pm

Every Mother's Nightmare

you're not joking are you?
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 11:50 pm

[Major act yet to be announced]

thinly veiled plea for TSOT to play. we'll think about it.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 10:14 am

WARRANT (with Jani Lane)

whoa - when I saw them a couple of years ago it was an impostor.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 1:58 pm

Me and sugardaddy went to go see Alice Cooper back in '86 or so..MOTORHEAD was suspposed to open...I made a fucking giant bedsheet banner with my bad-ass rendering of Lemmy on it...some dicktard came out on stage and said "Motorhead will not be appearing due to visa issues, instead, here's Tora Tora!" It was probably the most disappointing thing I have ever heard anyone say...they sucked ass by the way...
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:17 pm | Edited by: miss linda

Wait outside with bottle & cigarette in hand till Warrant (a.k.a. shit) gets through playing, force my way up to the front to watch KIX, and then run fast for the exit before that stupid band trixter starts their awful noise.

This is the only forseeable way that Rocklahoma could possibly be enjoied, if at all.

Queen Linda has SPOKEN!

p.s.
It might be fun to punch the guitarist for tora tora in the face if I saw him on the way out. I hate that motherfucker!
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 2:30 pm

word is that a Memphis show is in the offing...

Tora Tora
Roxy Blue
Lord Tracy
Every Mother's Nightmare

I'd go but I got a bone in my leg and the streets are solid asphalt
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 4:48 pm

armored saint were one of my favorite bands. their first 3 albums were quite good back in the day. and TRIUMPH is playing that night too. shit i might have to hitch a ride to that one. i saw triumph at the mid south on the never surrender tour. foghat opened.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 8:25 pm

I'd go but I got a bone in my leg and the streets are solid asphalt

I'd go except I hate all those bands.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 9:31 pm

now LORD TRACY, now THAT was a band. better than all dem other memphis bands....combined.
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 9:57 pm

This is the only forseeable way that Rocklahoma could possibly be enjoied, if at all.

If you spring for the $350 VIP ticket, you get free beer and food all weekend. Would that help?
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 10:23 pm

now LORD TRACY, now THAT was a band. better than all dem other memphis bands....combined.

Amen. Because they have a song about a fish.
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 11:20 am

If you spring for the $350 VIP ticket, you get free beer and food all weekend. Would that help?

No.

Cheap Whiskey, Pall Malls, and cocaine right before Kix gets on stage is all ANYONE needs to be concerned with at that redneck nightmare called Rocklahoma.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®