Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / L & B Barbecue on Madison
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 9:20 pm

Anybody ever been to L & B Barbecue N Things on Madison, across from Stewart Brothers Hardware? Dunno how long it's been there, but if it's been a while, I just noticed it. Is it worth checking out, or is it as iffy as it looks?
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 11:58 pm

dunno! that italian place over there is all right... inexpensive, better than Dino's italian.

anybody ever go to a bbq place over off of Person over by where green's lounge or George's used to be.... road forks and there's a barbecue place in the middle of the V... looked completely packed a couple of weekends ago when i drove by. keep forgetting to go check it out.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 12:35 am

There's an Italian place over there too? Where is that?
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 1:34 am

i think your place is across the street to the south of stewart brothers?

italian is across the street to the east, same side of the street as stewart bros.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 1:46 pm

man... shit i was hoping it was going to be good..looks good and seedy some old dudes moping around...what did you get? dino's absolutely sucks but i love eating there on sun afternoons
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 1:59 pm

Haven't heard good things about L and B.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 9:49 pm

Has anybody had the vietnamese sub at Indochina across the street? I think it cost less than three dollars and was some good. The little lady who cooks the food would prefer you just get the buffet. Her revenge on me was to bring me a bottled water when I said I just wanted water. It was such a great passive aggressive move (worthy of my mother even) that I let her get away with it. Total bill was under five bucks.

The name of the Italian place is Bruno's and it got a pretty good review from the commercial appeal.

It looks like some apartments or condos are going up further up the trolley near the medical center. Might the trolley actually be functional someday?
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 10:39 am

Bruno's is VERY tasty. I loved the parmesan chicken and their bread sticks ruled. Mmm...buttery goodness. Great service, too. The owner even stopped by our table to chat and make sure we were happy with our meal.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 4:54 pm

yes, service is good. almost too good, sometimes- one night, the waitress almost sat down with us and chatted our ears off. but... more social people would probably find that charming.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 10:30 pm

better than Dino's italian
Calling that shit Italian is really a stretch. I've been wondering about Bruno's. We may have to check it out!
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 8:42 am

so has anyone actually eaten the L & B?
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 10:04 am

one night, the waitress almost sat down with us and chatted our ears off. but... more social people would probably find that charming.

I've got a technique for that- it's called the "get the "F" up if you want a friggin' tip" and it involves a cold stare coupled with a prickly vibe. It's a non-verbal cue, but very effective in most cases.

Never been to L & B, but then again, I don't eat a whole lotta BBQ.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®