Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Memphis Job Hunting
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 8:19 am

I am beginning my onslaught of Memphis social service, medical and mental health agencies and am looking for some good ideas and/or contacts.

I worked in Memphis years ago as a social worker at Youth Villages but they don't pay jack and I am far too qualified to take a position there again that isn't supervisory and they promote within for the most part for those jobs.

I have experience in child welfare, family/individual therapy, medical social work, mediation & conflict resolution, program development and supervision among other areas. I am also a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) and will have both Tennessee and Arkansas licensure to practice clinical work.

email me at k dot irene dot young at gmail if you have any info you think might be helpful! Thanks already to LadyJ for her help!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 10:28 am

My pleasure!!! Try researching advocacy centers. Don't bother with the TN Disability Coalition, though. You have too much experience and they make Youth Villages look downright generous paycheck-wise. I'll e-mail you when I come up with more ideas.

Hemant- Maybe you could help her? You seem to have tons of contacts in the area.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 11:29 am

I will have to make some cold calls to the CAC and Exchange Club etc as they don't have a Careers link on their websites, natch!

I am also looking across the bridge; they are more desperate for LCSWs and may even be prepared to pay me more. I would travel if they pay me; I gotta get a decent job so I can BUY OUR HOUSE.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:38 pm

was looking at jobs on the methodist site to transfer to once my EMU closes and found a job for a social worker. forwarded it to your email. (methodist had really good benefits compared to alot of the other hospitals around here but i have no clue how the pay is for non nursing positions.)
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 1:04 pm

am also looking across the bridge

You need to start carrying a six gun and riding a palomino if you start working over there.

And wear a gas mask.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 5:42 am

Hemant- Maybe you could help her? You seem to have tons of contacts in the area.

Sorry, i've been out of it too long...and most of my contacts involved research.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 8:27 am

You need to start carrying a six gun and riding a palomino if you start working over there.

And wear a gas mask.

very good look. retro futurism / mad max west memphis style!
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 4:29 pm

found a job for a social worker. forwarded it to your email.

Thanks so much--this one would be perfect for me, but I doubt I can get there in time. Who knows, maybe they'll dig me so much they'll wait for me!

As far as seeing clients in Marion or West Memphis, they will likely be the children of my former friends. Or their grandchildren as so many had pups by 16.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®