Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Job Openings at Memphis Music Foundation
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 10:26 am

I have a listing of current job openings at Memphis Music Foundation. Anybody interested?
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:22 am

What kinds of jobs?
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:25 am

miss linda?
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:30 am

yes please e-mail: jumpbackjake@gmail.com
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:48 am

hey me too! bfitneylafaye@gmail.com
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:49 am

britneylafaye@gmail.com

i can't even spell my own name.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:17 pm

I desperately need part-time work.
alisainmemphis@comcast.net
Thanks.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:25 pm

OK guys, I'm on it. I'll e-mail you all shortly. Good luck in your job search!

Alisa, what kind of work do you want? I'm the director for a social service agency and we'll be hiring for some positions soon. I know we'll need some PRN and part-time help...
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:27 pm

master@thesonsabitches.com

Yes. It's really my address.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Luke Warm- The positions are for Business Coordinator, Program Manager (Music Industry), Program Manager (Multi Media), Program Manager (Marketing and Communications), and Program Manager (Business Development). There are also 2 non-paid/ volunteer positions available- Grant Coordinator and Business Consultants.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:37 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Lady J,
Basically all I'm qualified for is clerical work. I worked as an "Executive Assistant" for a three man numismatic office for eight years, but have stayed home with my kids for a really, really long time. I don't have a degree.
I've done personal assistant type work since then (internet research, transcribing interviews, etc.) and also have served as Tresurer for the Memphis Arts Collective for the last two years.
Also, I've done quite a bit of graphics work.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Alisa- If you want, give me a call at my office: 726-0060.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:45 pm

The positions are for Business Coordinator, Program Manager (Music Industry), Program Manager (Multi Media), Program Manager (Marketing and Communications), and Program Manager (Business Development). There are also 2 non-paid/ volunteer positions available- Grant Coordinator and Business Consultants.

So basically you're saying one wouldn't have to posess the slightest bit of music knowlege, or even particularly like music to work there.
Is this true?
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Program Manager (Music Industry),

don't front.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Alisa, it might be helpful to give you my name, so you won't have to ask for "Lady J"! Just ask for Joanna Garner. (I'll probably answer the phone, though.)
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:06 pm

hey! Lady J's tip is for real, or something as close to real as you can get with the memphis music "industry."
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm the director for a social service agency and we'll be hiring for some positions soon

Lady J...what sort of social services agency? I am an LCSW with tons of experience with kids, families etc both in direct care and program development/supervision. I will be licensed in TN and AR by the time we relocate to Memphis in June. Can I email you my resume?
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Yeah, miss linda, I'm going to have to agree with Eric. Lip Service or not, time will tell, but this is the first time in my memory that the Foundation has reached out directly to the music community, albeit a board full of drunk musicians.

Thanks, Lady J.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Lady J - I didn't think you were on here! Glad to see you're moving up and up and up!
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Yeah, miss linda, I'm going to have to agree with Eric. Lip Service or not, time will tell, but this is the first time in my memory that the Foundation has reached out directly to the music community, albeit a board full of drunk musicians.

Thanks, Lady J.

I'm calling you this afternoon to give you a resume, Joanna.
Sorry about the skepticism.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Miss Linda- Yep, you need experience for these positions. For the Program Manager (Music Industry) position, you need to have an "extensive track record...in the Music Industry". Go figure.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Hey there Windy! Yeah, I'm still here and check out the Bulletin Board often, but rarely comment. Thanks for the kudos, sweetie.

Saispas- Yep, e-mail me your resume and I'll look it over. I think you have too much experience for what we need, though. Luckily, I know a lot of people in the field and can give you some contacts. By the way, my agency provides long-term residential care for people with MR/ DD.

I'm still waiting on your call, Miss Linda!
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Duh...Saispas my e-mail address is: Jlgarner1@bellsouth.net.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Sent my resume; details about my current job aren't on there, but I am working on it. Thanks so much!
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Miss Linda- I still haven't received the fax with your resume. Call me back or e-mail me if you are running into problems with sending it.

Thanks for your resume, saispas.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 3:55 pm

ahh i wish the grant coordinator position wasn't volunteer. i'm sending my resume over though to ya, lady j.

thanks!
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Miss Linda- I still haven't received the fax with your resume. Call me back or e-mail me if you are running into problems with sending it.

Dear J.G.,

I can send it at 9:30a.m. 2/14/08.

Thanks
J.G.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 5:13 pm

For the Program Manager (Music Industry) position, you need to have an "extensive track record...in the Music Industry

I have that, but not a current resume. Although I can fix that.
kjohnson129@comcast.net
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 10:00 am

Hey guys, just to be clear, I'm NOT affiliated with the Memphis Music Foundation. The listing of current job openings was simply forwarded to me by the director over there. I don't even know the director; someone referred me to him as a potential job candidate and he sent me an e-mail with the openings. I just figured I'd pass on the information to the Goner family, since this is a rare opportunity. The resumes I've been collecting pertain to my business, which has nothing at all to do with the music industry. Sorry for any confusion...
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey Lady J... Please send me the Music Foundation job opening list!
salliegee at yahoo dot com.

Preciate it!
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 9:40 am

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks Zac! You have made things much easier for everybody!
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:06 pm

is there anyone on the commision now that is in a position to ok a grant? if so who might it be?
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Bruce- You might want to check with their director, Dean Deyo.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:42 pm

ok thanks
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®