Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Calkins on the Oblivians
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 9:16 pm | Edited by: circuit city and the black dads

"Is this music?" Geoff asked as an an Oblivians' song brought his sports talk radio show back from a break.

Gary Parrish told him who it was and that it was garage rock.

So, Geoff asked what garage rock is, then he typed "heck" in Microsoft Word.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 9:25 pm

WHAT?

love it!
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Coming back from the next break they played Time Bomb High School.

Calkins seemed ok with it.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 10:04 pm

an Oblivians' song

what song?
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 5:12 am

Weird. I actually saw Calkins in the office today -- I've never really met him. I'll have to drop an Oblivians' "And Then I Fucked Her" mix on him. He will recognize.
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 6:10 am

jahna and i were in the bar downstairs from where she lives tonight celebrating the timely arrival of her paltry consulting check by buying alcohol. and i thought it was the right time to reference "nigger rich" but stopped dead in my tracks when noticing the buppie clientele (two alvin ailey dancers and a computer geek) who were way more flush than we could ever dream of being...
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 6:21 am

paltry??????
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 6:33 am

paltry??????

oh yeah... i saw it... i called "nigger rich" because it was either have a drink to forget about how poor you are... or use that check to pay A SINGLE BILL and be unhappy all month long.... i think we picked the right option. VODKA HEE HAW!
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Geoff Calkins is the best thing going at the Commercial Appeal. Hands down.

Haven't heard the radio show though. What station and time?
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 2:57 pm

730 am, i think it's 7 to 9, maybe 8 to 10. listened on my drive in and heard time bomb h.s. this morning and vernon said that he likes reigning sound more than three 6
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 9:46 am

heard harlan on the show today
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 3:38 pm

ha!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®