Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / What's up with The Cove?
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 11:55 pm

We went the Wednesday night after the soft opening and they were closed. Do they still just have beer, oysters and pizza? Liquor license yet?

When are they open? We went around seven p.m.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 2:19 am

Oh, it\'s open and doing pretty brisk business. Big, super-top-shelf liquor selection with an extensive menu of fancy cocktails. Oysters are great, when available. Pizzas, hummus and some other snacks are good, too. Big hi-def TV where they show cool movies on slower nights.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 2:38 am

i like it. it's super crowded on the weekends though
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 3:03 am

Can you hear yourself and your friends talk on a weeknight or is it a "scream to talk across a small table" type of establishment?
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 3:07 am

oh it's not bad. during the weeknights, you definitely don't have any problems with having to scream across the table. on the weekends, it's a bit louder, but it still stays at below a screaming level. just packed. it's kinda small, but cozy and a little bit smoky on the weekends.
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 7:13 pm | Edited by: miss linda

They had alot of girls in there,not old rednecks and stupid metalheads. That's why it's better than that goddamed Buccaneer.
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 10:30 am

been in their a few times. its a mating of younger crowd, with some old andertons folks and some of the local bar flys. nice place. oysters are a bit pricy, but the pizzas are tasty. getya an old fashion
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 1:43 am

I don't recommend ordering anything off their "fancy" cocktail menu. They made one of the worst Sidecars I've ever had in my life. Manager of the bar kept telling me he was going to get me another drink to make up for it, but never did.

That place needs to do a little more work on the pirate theme like this joint here in LA:

http://www.theredwoodbar.com/Gallery.html

They have topless mermaid paintings at the Redwood, but I am a fan of the gay pirate crotch at The Cove, complete with 3-D rendering.
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 5:05 pm

I don't recommend ordering anything off their "fancy" cocktail menu.

Were they particularly busy when you got it? I've had nothing but happy quaffing off the cocktail menu ... and I go there a couple times a week.
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 6:12 pm

they have absinthe now
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 8:36 pm

Man... if you can only get a decent cocktail when they're slow.... you should just stick to beer.
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 3:45 am

they have absinthe now

Had some Fri. night. It's good.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®