Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Where to have a relaxing drink in Memphis?
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 11:28 pm

What would be the best place to meet up with old friends in Memphis that doesn't just serve beer? Midtown best of course for short driving home purposes.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 2:19 am

go to the Cove!
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 3:01 am

i second mark's answer. i love that place.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 3:03 am

OK, ignore my last question on the Cove thread then! I need a place I can really catch up with people, not a screamfest.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 2:40 pm

we hit bari every now and then..never too packed and great wines by glass
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 3:26 pm

my vote=Molly Fontaine's. they need better liquor selection but the atmosphere excellent. miss linda could find a coupla honeys too
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Molly Fontaine's

Went there recently for a going away party. Former Cielo house. A bit fruity, but the rooms all have different, garish lighting that look like something out of a Mario Bava picture. Would drink there again.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 4:19 pm | Edited by: Will

Cove had about four 23 year old girls making out at the bar. Not criticizing or praising, just saying.

I ended up staying a little longer than planned...
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 4:26 pm | Edited by: taterhead

i think cove fruity > molly fontaine fruity, except now the cove will be full of hard legs waiting on the 4 girls to come back.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 6:24 pm

we hit bari every now and then..never too packed and great wines by glass

OK, now we are talking. We are definitely winos these days over other substances...good trade off so far. Whatever, I will just make some phone calls when it is happening and make decisions. Cort, please email me at k dot irene dot young at Gmail ASAP so I can get yours and a few other numbers, PUHLEEZE.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 9:37 pm

We are definitely up for some earlyish eveningish wine/beer/conversation in Midtown. This Bari sounds good to me, but whatever. I will start calling the numbers I have tomorrow after 3 or so when we are relatively settled. BUT, please call me anytime after 2PM if you would like to meet somewhere (if you don't have my cell, call Cort). If anyone has better ideas, lemme know. I just want to see some peoples as soon as possible!
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 10:01 pm | Edited by: Mark Rochambeaux

Yeah, Mollie Fontaine is another good choice. My gf bartends there! Go on the early side and it's quiet. A DJ is there on thursday nights ...
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 5:31 am

You could try Calhoun's. It's a new bar by the Arcade/S. Main. Where a lot of Tiger personnel drink. I was really impressed by The Cove as well.
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 5:12 pm

We'll be out rather early, likely in Midtown and nothing too late cos I haven't even left the airport and I am exhausted, so if you want to hang out, call around for my phone # (Cort and jerry d I know have it). See everyone soon!
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 6:44 pm

miss linda could find a coupla honeys too

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

(Cort and jerry d I know have it). See everyone soon!

See ya tonight.
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 5:59 pm

You were conspicuously missing from our Couples Night at the bar at Cafe 1912, miss linda.
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Are you gonna be in Memphis tonight?

P.S.
I can't be a part of a couple, that's gross.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®