Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Did The Memphis Flyer ignore the Sex Pistols this week?
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 3:13 pm

Did The Memphis Flyer ignore the 30th anniversary Sunday of The Sex Pistols show at the Taliesyn Ballroom?
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 3:27 pm

probably...there was probably more important music news, like someone from the three 6 mafia got a hang nail, or Project Pat got the sniffles and his new 12" is being pushed back a couple weeks...or maybe Chris Herrington had to ramble about some dumb shit indie rock CD from North Dakota...
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 4:28 pm

keerist I'm old. (I was underage, though, when I saw the show.)
I lost my date inside...didn't know him well at all. After the show he came running outside to find me. He was all excited, and waving something. "I GOT JOHNNY ROTTEN'S SNOT RAG!!!! I GOT JOHNNY ROTTEN'S SNOT RAG!!"
I didn't go out with him again, but maybe I was too hard on him about that.
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 5:06 pm

i will ignore them today, tomorrow, and for the rest of eternity!

and that's a long time.
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 5:34 pm

Of course, it's also possible that the Flyer staff created their Annual Manual (a non-newsy issue out this week) a week in advance and took off the week between Christmas and New Year's. But I guess it's more fun to just piss on 'em. Worthless bastids.
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 6:36 pm

Well, that is all well and good but I found a completely autographed copy of Night Ranger's Midnight Madness LP! There was a guy in that band who wore scrubs and just went by "Fitz". That sold me.
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 7:14 pm

Andria is working on an article that will be in the CA.
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 7:22 pm

There was a guy in that band who wore scrubs and just went by "Fitz". That sold me.
Wasn't that the requirement for all 80's keyboard players?
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 7:49 pm

I felt sorry for him. Kinda like a low rent, babysitter rock Dr. Fink.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 1:25 pm

I've been looking for my Sex Pistols ticket since one went off a while back on ebay for many thousand dollars...my wife found it yesterday...the anniversary of the show.
I slapped it on ebay to see if it's worth anything.
I don't have to sell it so i put a 1,000 dollar reserve on it.
Who knows?

ebay number
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Got a cool grand for it.
Ebay rules
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 3:42 pm

damn, congrats on the score --
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 4:49 pm

did the memphis flyer ignore golightly's selling of a sex pistols ticket this week?
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 6:10 pm

Jeff , are you really gonna charge the guy $20 for shipping? That's the really insane part...............
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 6:33 pm

I made a deal with the guy in Leeds...it's 77.40 for Fed Ex to send it.
He's paying it.

I saID I wouldn't ship internationally but this guy convinced me...the Memphis show was the only show he didn't have a ticket for.

(Just got my Jangle Box in the mail....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!)
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 7:30 pm

congrats jeff.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 1:59 am

Got a cool grand for it.
Ebay rules

Best ever (legit) score on eBay that I have ever heard of. Congrats!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®