Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Memphis / Where will you be New Years Eve?
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 9:15 pm

I am seriously leaning toward the Mouserocket show at Murphy's. And thou?
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 9:45 pm

Burger King
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Probably sitting in this damn chair, looking at thw goner board, posting on the "who's drunk right NOW" thread
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 10:28 pm

dick clark unless i shake this cold
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 10:42 pm

Murphy's might be good but pity Lover is no longer on the bill, perhaps another incident of Benny beating rich until he cried would have happened again
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 1:09 am

What?
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 1:16 am

pretty worn out from the 1'4'5s. That might be as good a NYE celebration as I 'll ever get.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 3:23 am

M.O.T.O., motherfuckers. that's what i'm talkin' 'bout.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 3:27 am

I'm leaning towards having a Perfect Fits NYE.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 4:47 am

Murphy's.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 4:56 am | Edited by: Miss Faye

It's kind of snuck up on us to tell the truth. We're on the fence re: shows. Maybe I'll cook dinner.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 5:11 am

M.O.T.O.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 8:51 am

M.O.T.O. will be back at Murphy's on the 19th of January in case you think you will miss them for a while.

Just FYI.
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 11:04 pm

Now I'm not sure I'm going anywhere. May be hosting the chillun's New Year. "Hey, kid. Open this beer for me."
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 11:48 pm

Me too. Kid's home tonight.
I'll try to stay up til midnight, but it's not looking good right now. I did have New Year's Eve wine starting at 4 p.m. (kid's at a movie til 9).

Happy New Year!
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 12:02 am

manitowoc.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 12:20 am

"Hey, kid. Open this beer for me."

sounds like my kinda parenting. heheh. it's really a good thing i don't have children, but if i did, i would totally make them fetch me beers all the time.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 12:30 am

Y'know, I was thinking the other day, I was about his age when my dad gave me my first beer (hated it), but I may save that for a Redskins game, or something.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 12:46 am

Hey, kid. Open this beer for me."

sounds like my kinda parenting. heheh. it's really a good thing i don't have children
Oh this brings back barely suppressed memories.
My father was a quadraplegiac(all four limbs paralysed) so when I was about 6 , he trained me to hold up the whiskey bottles so he could guzzle from them. I later invented a long plastic tube /straw set- up which had one end taped to his bed and the other stuck in the bottle so he could fend for himself when I was out of the room. It was funny because at the beginning of the month when he got his VA check, he would drink the good stuff but near tthe end of the month when the dough was getting thin , he drank swill like Heaven Hill. Sometimes he liked Country Club malt liquor, which gave me a little trouble with those early pull tabs( my fingers were too small). I also lit cigarettes for him and flicked ashes too.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 1:19 am | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

quadriplegic-never could spell it
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 2:00 am

Wow, rumple.
My step-father started me in on it when I was ten. "Get me a beer" is one of the twenty phrases I ever heard him utter. And, I heard that one a lot.

Great Fred Astaire movies on TCM tonight...perfect for NYE. Gay Divorcee, Shall We Dance, Top Hat, and Swing Time. That'll keep me up til midnight.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 2:26 am

We're watching John and Kate Plus Eight right now. It's awesome!
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 3:07 am

I tried to get loaded at the restaurant when my husband works, but I just got buzzed before I had to leave. Total meat market bullshit sinewy women combined with overly tanned men. Gawd. Gimme my couch, Caruso on CSI: Miami and some pills.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 3:21 am

I decided to watch Alpha Dog. I have all these Pre-Codes on the DVR that Ryan will never watch, but I gotta be in the right mood.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 3:23 am

Caruso on CSI: Miami

Again, please join in my new favorite drinking game. Drink when he puts his glasses on (you'll need two beers).
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 3:41 am

I'm thinking about going to see a movie. Or watching the first season of Lost on DVD, which was loaned to me ages ago.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 3:50 am

first season of Lost on DVD

are you kidding? WATCH IT - IT RULES.

Seriously though, I resisted that show SO much. I was wrong, because it turns out that it is a pretty awesome show.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 4:33 am

Fred Astaire is just getting better. This movie has a Gershwin score.
I have two 13 yo boys in the house who are in the kitchen cooking bacon and biscuits.
Jackson Ave. is in that weird, doesn't happen to often, mode where I can sit on my porch and not see cars as far as I can see both ways up and down the street.
All in all, not a bad new years eve.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 4:57 am

Yepp, sitting inthis chair with the cat on my lap. Millionaire serenading me with snores, and it
s snowing outside like a mother fucker.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 8:19 am

Unexpected company, and then...there was the best Dylan footage I've ever seen on PBS tonight Right after midnight. It was really really good.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 8:20 am

Dylan footage

Saw that. Got right up to the Boos of the Newport thing and left it at that. Awesome.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 1:07 pm

We're watching John and Kate Plus Eight right now. It's awesome!

I'm sooo hooked on that show...although it makes my anxiety rise sometimes but then I remember, It's them ...not Me....thank God.

And Little People Big World....great show.
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 4:43 pm

first season of Lost on DVD

are you kidding? WATCH IT - IT RULES

It does rule. I stayed up until 3:00 and got through the episode that ends with them moving into the cave. I don't know that I resisted it, more like it came on when I worked. So far, best series since early X-Files or Twin Peaks in my opinion. The marathon will continue tonight!
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 4:43 pm

Little People Big World....great show
Seriously?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®